PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my new doser.

tynman
03.12.2010, 17:40
I am using a profilux II controler with firmware 4.00 to 4.08 and I just hooked up my 4 pump doser to it. I plugged it into the S1-S4 slot on my controler. Pump 1 is my Alk and pump 2 is Cal and pump 3 is Mag pump 4 is empty for now. My normal dosing (and I would like to keep it the same) is 34 mls of alk then 34 mls of cal and the mag is 20mls 2 times week. First question on the back of the doser there are 2 slots to connect to from the controler which one should I be connected to?
2 How do I get pump 1 and 2 to dose 34mls though out the whole day and at diffrent times?
3 How do I make pump 3 come on on sundays and dose 20mls for the day and then wednesday 20mls for that day?
4 Should I update my firmware to 5.05 as this is the highest I could find?
5 how do I know if the doser will dose like its suppose to when its programed? Cause I need to live the house and dont want my perm dropping to badly.
6 What do they mean by digital? And should I male mine digital and how do I do that?

Matthias
04.12.2010, 10:21
First question on the back of the doser there are 2 slots to connect to from the controler which one should I be connected to? doesn't matter

How do I get pump 1 and 2 to dose 34mls though out the whole day and at diffrent times? How do I make pump 3 come on on sundays and dose 20mls for the day and then wednesday 20mls for that day?
with firmware 4.xx you have only the option do use a timer for this purpose, calculate the on-time according to the amount you want to dose

Should I update my firmware to 5.05 as this is the highest I could find? with 5.xx you have more options for dosing (read chapter "timer" in programming guide 5.xx), latest stable version is 5.04

how do I know if the doser will dose like its suppose to when its programed? Cause I need to live the house and dont want my perm dropping to badly. the only way is to watch it at the set times

What do they mean by digital? And should I male mine digital and how do I do that? you need digital mode if you want to daisy-chain other devices on S1S4 also (like a second doser or a powerbar)

tynman
04.12.2010, 16:13
So what your telling is that using firmware 5.04 is the best way to go? Now for the problem that I had in the past with firmware, When I first got my LED set up with the profilux II controler I downloaded the latest firmware (I dont recall the number) and it didnt work with the lights so I kept downloading firmware until I found the one that did work with my lights. So now the question is if and I do want to download 5.04 but will I have the same problem? Once I download 5.04 will I have to reprogram my lighting times? Is there anything else I should know before I download 5.04 ?
Waiting to hear from you.
Thanks
Andy

Blahenazo
04.12.2010, 16:37
There are newer 'beta' FW then 5.04 ,but the 5.04 is the last 'stable' <= no kown issues and it has been tested alot.
So if you want to play save go with that FW. I've been running beta since day one , but I like a challenge:)

Going from FW 4.xx to 5,xx will force you completly reconfig and calibrate your P2 again. But afterwards you will be able to use the PLC 5.
And you can then use its features to backup your config and calibration settings for the future.

Alot of ppl are using the 5 FW with LED setups, and its quite stable the only issue I know of are a some issues when you also have an SMS module and its about looping mutilple serial connections. But Matthias can give more info.

tynman
04.12.2010, 16:44
ok so I guess Im going to have to write down all my light settings (times and %) before I go to the 5.04 then. But Im a computer dummie all this sms and fw i dont know what that means so im lost when it comes to this tech talk.. When I do DL 5.04 all I will have to do is my light time and % right? or is there more I have to do to make it work?

tynman
04.12.2010, 17:25
OK I have the 5.04 dl but what do I need to use to open the file cause it is zipped? Will any zip file opener open it or do I need a special one? Its says it cant open or read mhx files what program would help me open and read it?

Blahenazo
04.12.2010, 19:45
you don't want to open de mhx file that is the FW (firmware) that you need to load to your profilux. And this is done by with the plc software.

you want to write done all information about , lights , logic, pumps , sockets etc ....

Which led lamp do you have ? AI ?

tynman
04.12.2010, 19:51
I had Wingo from manhatten reefs build me a light cause I have a half circle tank and needed it to cover the openings on my tank so there is no wasted light... OK please tell me what to do I dl the fill 5.04 and it was zipped I unzipped it. So now what if I dont want to open it what do I do cause Im lost. I wrote everything down on the lights the sockets are the dosing pump so I can just reprogram it. so how do I get 5.04 to run and set up on my computer???? LOL its funny cause as my computer told me you got mail I was just going to delete everything I downloaded.... Where can I dl the firmware cause maybe I dl it from a bad site??? Please HELP IM LOST!!!

Blahenazo
04.12.2010, 20:05
you want to download the fw from here

the FW is here.:
http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/english/section.php?sid=5
choose the version of 5.04 you want.

the pc software is here: ( its one specific for 5.04)
http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/english/download.php?did=97

First
do the update via your serial cable (with your current version of PLC ) and be sure to unplug all power sockets on your powerbars before updating, its not needed but you just want to play it save ( if your so None computer minded you don't want to have a failed FW update )

ooh yes after the update the p2 will reset to the default => so it will set the language to German

no worries =>
On the ProfiLux go to menu Extras->Sprache->Englisch (or do it via the plc software)
...and save. Now the language should be in English.

setup everything again and see if everyting works.

if your happy save the settings of the 5.04 => in plc =>
File > settings to file ( that's all your settings)
sensordate to file => that stores the calibration data of your sensors

ooh yess, if your not sure don't start the FW update just yet you don't want to start it , before your ok with it .
because you don't want a broken Profilux

also if your LED arry is build it doesn't have serial interface but its just using 0-10v steering => this always worked in every FW since day one.
It must have been user error =)))

tynman
04.12.2010, 20:10
ok going to delete everything i dl aready and start fresh and ill let you know how it goes... thank you very much...

tynman
04.12.2010, 20:34
Ok I dl the fw and the pc software but now its giving me a fw update error!!! now what Im trying to update the fw in the 4.08 cause when I tryied doing it in the 5.04 it told me that the fw was to old...

Blahenazo
04.12.2010, 21:18
you have to update it with the old plc , the 5 doesn't work for FW 4;xx

tynman
04.12.2010, 21:47
Ok working now just reprograming the lights. I see we lost the duration on the lights... so now I also have to figure out how its going to work to dose cause we lost the dosing pump button. But from what I got I have to set the timer and then in S1 put timer in the drop down.. I think.
Thank you very much for helping me do this..

tynman
04.12.2010, 21:56
ok now how do I get the pump to dose a diffrent amount every hour of the day to keep my perm stable?

Matthias
05.12.2010, 10:46
use a timer in the mode "manu. dosing" and enter the times and amounts

details can be read in the programming guide for 5.xx (see downloads)

tynman
05.12.2010, 13:05
I am using 5.04 fw. I did set up the timer1 for dosing pump 1 but it still only lets me set 8 diffrent times with diffrent amounts to dose. I thought by going to the 5.04 fw I would be able to set it to dose for a 24 hour time frame with diffrent amounts. If there is a way please do tell cause Im lost at this point and if there is a way to do pumps 1& 2 cause I need both if them to work the same way just diffrent amounts and diffrent times.

Matthias
05.12.2010, 13:30
Do I understand correctly - you need more than 8 different dosings per day? May I ask why? If yes, how many times per day?
Isn't it an option do dose let's say 24 times a day the same amount?

If it is necessary to dose many times per day with different amounts: This is possible. But the question for me is if it can`t be achieved in another more elegant manner.

tynman
05.12.2010, 13:46
Yes I would need to dose pump 1 & 2 for 24 hours (24 times) with diffrent amounts because I m trying to get 34 mls for pump 1 which is my alk and pump 2 I need to do 40 mls in 24 hours for my calcium dose. As to why is so I could keep my water peramiter the same all day long and everyday. I set it up right now with only the 8 doses per day so I will check tomorrow how my perm are. But the main reason I went with this doser is cause everyone I talk to about it said I could dose as little as 1 ml per hour.. So that's what I expect from it for that kind of money.

Matthias
05.12.2010, 13:52
you can combine 2 timers (then you have 16 times to switch) in this way:

program timer 1 and 2 for 16 different times
use programmable logic 1: Inputs are timer 1 and timer 2, the function is "OR"
assign socket function "prog. logic 1" instead of timer 1 or timer 2 to the channel where the doser is connected

tynman
05.12.2010, 14:04
I tried that and did 3 timer to get the 24 hours I need but then I couldn't asign S1 which is pump 1. I dont know where to go on the last step.

tynman
05.12.2010, 16:47
What I did last night was I programmed timers 1, 2, 3 and saved it and then set it to program logic G1& G2 but then when it came time to set S1 to them there was nothing in the drop down for it. so thats where im stuck now. And how would I do pump 2 (S2) with that? Would I use G3 & G4 with the next 3 timers?