PDA

View Full Version : upgrading options profiilux

marinfreak
10.05.2009, 11:50
I currently have a profilux plus II profiset and i have run out of expansion.

l have aded in the profilux plus
1 lan card
2 2S2L cards - 1 used for 4 socket power bars the last one for the dosing station

Having to use 3 x 4 socket power bars as do not have space for the 6 socket versions.

I would like to add a PH probe it onto the tank however i already am using the socket for the calcium reactor Ph contol and and possible another dosing when funds permit.

As i have no expansion left to add another card, am i better off to go and get another controller or wait for the profilux 3 depending on time as i belive from what i have read you can add more cards. ? :confused:

I would prefer the contol under one unit however open to options.

GHL Support
11.05.2009, 14:20
The ProfiLux III will also have 3 extension slots, but one slot will be occupied by a special ProfiLux III-card which has LAN (with Webserver) and USB - similar situation like now. The PIII will additionally have a PAB-port (Profilux Aquatic Bus) where other devices can be connected which can contain further cards.
At the moment, the only possibility to use a second pH-probe that I see would be to use a 6-socket powerbar, to which the dosing unit could be daisy-chained and then one more L-port would be free...

marinfreak
12.05.2009, 00:00
I was on the understanding the "PAB-port (Profilux Aquatic Bus)" is like an expansion cable that you can use to link it to another housing (Box with expansion slots) that can carry more cards. Do i have my understanding right ?

So if i wait until the PIII comes out could i then run it under one system ?

Unfortunately the I do not have room in my cabnet to put the 6 digital bars

Matthias
13.05.2009, 09:04
yes, the PAB can be used to link the main unit with other sub-units with extra slots

but this will not solve your room problem with 6way powerbars, or will it?

marinfreak
13.05.2009, 10:50
Well if can i keep adding more of the 2L2S modules i think it will ?
if this is yes then i can just add another of these modules which i do not have room for at the moment and i then could add another 4 socket expansions as i do not have cabinet space to use the 6 socket . :D

Also if can add another PH and temperature module in one, which would be great.

Matthias
13.05.2009, 17:16
yes, you are right
of course you need additional space for the expansion box

marinfreak
13.05.2009, 23:37
Yep there is always the catch !!:cool:

But i have room to stack the controller and expansion box.

No all i need to decide is whether to wait for the Profilux III or not ?

Matthias
14.05.2009, 07:11
I can't do the decision for you

the new ProfiLux III will be available end of september

at the same time we will offer an upgrade kit PII->PIII

Gilles
14.05.2009, 09:43
Will the upgrade kit be cheaper for people who bought a LAN card in the last half year? (like me)

Matthias
15.05.2009, 07:51
we will offer some kind of discount, details are coming later

Martin_S
18.05.2009, 20:41
I can't do the decision for you

the new ProfiLux III will be available end of september

at the same time we will offer an upgrade kit PII->PIII

I can't wait, im looking forward to it!!