PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 5.0.5 BETA and ProfiLuxControl 5.0.5.0 BETA

Matthias
27.11.2010, 11:07
and the relating documentaion is ready to download!
The new features are mentioned in the firmware history, all can be downloaded here:
http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/english/sections.php

This version was a hard job and took a lot of time. On the one hand we prepared the ProfiLux firmware for ProfiLuxControl 6, on the other hand we implemented many of the customers wishes. Of course some customers will still miss "their" functions, but this wasn't the last update...

Firmware 5.0.5 and ProfiLuxControl 5.0.5.0 are BETA-versions! Although we spent much time in testing and worked extremely carefully it isn't impossible that there are bugs - the use is on your own risk!

Save all settings and sensor data before the update in any case!
After updating ProfiLux will reset everything to defaults because the meaning of some settings has changed -> the load the settings and sensor data back to the ProfiLux.
If you experience any trouble with the new firmware or ProfiLuxControl than you can downgrade to the previous versions.

Another important hint: Since some functions and settings changed we can't guarantee the compatibility to third-party-software, e.g. iPhone Apps! If there are problems then please downgrade to the previous firmware version until these problems are solved!

That has changed:
- display brightness keeps maximal during calibration (affects ProfiLux 3 only)
- stronger and longer thunderstorms possible
- email notification through ProfiLux 3: tokens in the message are evaluated, it is possible to send emails with actual states (affects ProfiLux 3 only)
- current pumps can be assigned to pump groups in any order
- token $$SWIC$$ for displaying the current of a power outlet in a webpage (affects ProfiLux 3 only)
- supports EHEIM-Controller (control of EHEIM Professional 3e filter)
- automatic error reset in the level control
- ProfiLux 3 offers now 4 independent maintenance programs, all interfaces and sockets are included (affects ProfiLux 3 only)
- ProfiLuxControl is able to display the voltage of each 1-10V-interface
- ProfiLux reads the currents in a Powerbar-PAB, ProfiLuxControl is able to display them (affects ProfiLux 3 only)
- it is possible to use token $$OTVI$$ in loops (affects ProfiLux 3 only)
- prepared for ProfiLuxControl 6

Blahenazo
27.11.2010, 13:36
Alot of handy features

But...
*snifff*

still not socket tracking. (I want to know how long my heater,chiller, ATO pumps run ) :(

Matthias
27.11.2010, 14:32
we just uploaded ProfiLuxControl 5.0.5.1 - change: state of sockets while sending an email through the PC has been corrected

Blahenazo
27.11.2010, 16:18
we just uploaded ProfiLuxControl 5.0.1.0 - change: state of sockets while sending an email through the PC has been corrected

5.0.1.0 ?? your probably mean 5.0.5.1 ???

oh yess my update went fine , just so remark for the other users when I reloaded the backupfiles , some pop ups were displayed, with the new settings option,
but I ignored them and all was fine.

Matthias
27.11.2010, 16:24
yes, was a typo, I corrected it

thanks for your feedback

Blahenazo
27.11.2010, 16:31
Hello,

There are still some translation errors in the PLC 5.0.5.1 I noticed them in the redone pumps area
zugeordetene pumpen etc...
rechteckwellen , sinuswellen, etc...

and the reminders will they be displayed on the P3 ? I never noticed that before.

and what is the checkbox with the feed timer ?

http://users.telenet.be/sjipke/profilux/pumps_prt.jpg

Blahenazo
27.11.2010, 16:45
Also
Ever since using 5.0.5.1 I seem to have disconnects every so often ( I am rechecking my settings ,since not all pumps settings where all correct after the restore ( wave lenght etc... ) and it happened 2 times.

I hope its coinsidense, but I haven't had any for months.
lets what other users say

Matthias
27.11.2010, 16:58
thanks we will check this

eugi
27.11.2010, 20:40
My pl 3 is completely dead after try to update the firmware.

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?3124-Email-notification-PC&p=18855#post18855

Need help please

Blahenazo
27.11.2010, 21:14
check here

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?1274-ProfiLux-3-What-to-do-in-the-case-a-firmware-update-failed

eugi
27.11.2010, 21:27
Hello Blahenazo,

I was panic like hell.

PL III is back on life after using flash and RS232 connection.

Best regards:D

Blahenazo
27.11.2010, 21:45
works every time !!!!!!!

btw how to you get that image ?

eugi
27.11.2010, 21:53
works every time !!!!!!!

btw how to you get that image ?

1) I create a webpage on the pl3 with all the token i need.
2) I use an application (automate) and create a task to loging on the webpage on the pl3.
3) Save the result on PNG image.
4) Send the PNG to my isp web host

@+

eugi
28.11.2010, 20:31
I test today to unplug the powerBar6D PAB.
On my WebServer (user.html) i see the switch ON with 0.2 A (totally wrong).
And the reason of the alarm is missing on the WebServer (PL 3 show PABCOM).

http://pages.videotron.com/eugi/alarm.PNG

I test the email notification (Profilux)
Not sending email and no error message show up.

Best regards:D

hemoi
30.11.2010, 01:21
I have also noticed a couple of issues:
1. I have set my pumps to drop to 1% at night time, but it does not kick in at set time. It responds to thunderstorm settings, but I not enabled any thunderstorms.

2. Emails work via send "test" email but no emails are sent when real alert occurs.

Regards,
Hem