PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Sun "Black Python" BTEX 160W GHL ready

StarF
21.11.2010, 12:02
I am looking to buy a Pacific Sun led lamp, and i can see they have one called GHL ready now. How ever its impossible to find any information on it, so that why i am trying here. I guess it need a pab cable in order to be controled by the ghl ?

also what kind of functions do i get to control the lamp with? from what i can tell my software profilux control 5.03 dosent seem to contain any of the advanced functions that i would get if i buy one of the lamps that is controled with their own software.

So, will the ghl software support the same functions as their software, any time soon, or should i just buy the normal version?

Blahenazo
21.11.2010, 20:12
I 'suspect' that the lamp has a 0-10v interface which you can control from the profilux.

I never heard of a PAB rdy led lamp. But I could be wrong

StarF
21.11.2010, 20:34
in that case i would prefere one with their own control system.

Blahenazo
22.11.2010, 19:11
I asked the question to an importer of Pacific Led armatures be sure.

StarF
22.11.2010, 19:25
let me know what they say, i tryed the manufacture havent gotten a answer yet.

Blahenazo
22.11.2010, 20:14
Well,

What's what I know now

The GHL rdy lamp will be using a GHL module to interface.
The master lamp needs to be GHL enabled the rest of the modules can be slave , don't no if they need to be GHL enabled or not
he will ask for more information.

But maybe GHL can give alot more information.

I googled for it before getting a response and
In fact the reply was similar as the one you can see on the link below (but in a different language :) :

http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=223116

StarF
22.11.2010, 21:02
i was kinda hopping some one from ghl would enlightenus, as i have to order my unit in a few days. I really want the advanced functions that their software are providing, but ofcource if i get the same from ghl, i would prefere to have it hooked up to my ghl.. but if its just a basic 1-10v control, i would buy the other one.

StarF
23.11.2010, 08:09
Master lamp have build inside wireless computer for communication with laptop/PC - and you can program it with many advanced options.
I think that our Master unit have little bigger advantages than unit programed via GHL - you can set much more options, and there is not needed cable connection between computer and lamp - all is much more "clear"

from them, still not clear how advanced the ghl programming is, and if its only a 1-10v control or of its pab.

GHL Support
23.11.2010, 15:31
Unfortunately we can't give you an information here, we can only recommend to contact the manufacturer of this lamp and to ask him for more technical details.

premiero
23.03.2011, 13:40
Hi there.

I am owner of 2xPacific Sun BP 160W Slave + GHL LedControl4 Passive + Proflix II Plus config. I can tell You, because i spoke with Przemek (PS owner), that GHL Ready version has some minor bug, that cause not all functions working properly. He suggested my actual configuration to be best choice. So now I can use all functions (i.e. steering independly all 3 channels, simulate, thunderstorms, clouds and rainy days.
So don't bother to pay extra money for "Master" lamp, buy Slave, GHL LedControl4 Passive and connect to Your Profilux.

Oh, and this GHL LedControl4 Passive is just 1-10[V] to PWM converter with ability to produce LIGHTNING.

>> HERE << (http://nano-reef.pl/forums.php?m=posts&p=328300#328300) you have decription how to do it. It is in Polish language, but I think the pictures do the rest :)

StarF
23.03.2011, 14:20
tnx for your input, already bout the master version though, havent bought the ghl controller yet, ben thinking about it though. Would it work on the master aswell, and just bypass the lampĀ“s orginal controler?

premiero
23.03.2011, 14:38
I'm sorry, but what I know, You can't do it :(

StarF
23.03.2011, 14:44
thats kinda sad, :( , tnx for your reply. I was hoping to get my ghl to control everything.

So in order to use this sulution you only need the slave moduls. Nice to know, for the future :)

premiero
23.03.2011, 14:57
Propably you can disconnect the computer inside of lamp, to work like a slave. I am waiting for reply from manufacturer.

StarF
23.03.2011, 15:01
probaly, please write the answer, if you get one.

Blahenazo
23.03.2011, 19:56
why do you seem to have 2 GHL ledcontrol passive ( on the picture with L1/2 L3/4 => ghl unit 1 , ghl unit 2 ??? ?

and what is the small bug ?

premiero
23.03.2011, 21:13
No, no. You need only one LedControl4 Passive. But in this configuration, ale lamps has the same beahavior. So When you dimm White leds, they are dimmed on all lamps in the same way. It is called - "Mono-light". You just connect slave to another slave, and so on.
To acheive independent steering (called Dual-light, but I prefer Multi-light description) of n-number of lamps, you need n-times LedControl4 Passive. Assuming the profilux iii can "drive" 32channels of 1-10[V] ports, You can use maximum of 8 lamps, with independent steering of each one.

aqua_digital
26.03.2011, 13:24
If in North America and have questions relating to GHL controlling Pacific Sun, please email us so we can give direct support. sales@aqua-digital.com

Any tech support questions that I feel benefit the whole GHL global community I will start to make a FAQ thread for this forum