PDA

View Full Version : Poss bug in cloud logic

evilscoop
12.11.2010, 08:07
Hi
I have 4 aquarays controled via ghl

These are set for cloud simulation, with max dimming set to 85%.
I also have these set to fade off from 6:30 pm till 8:30 pm

All is fine untill fade time, as lights drop to id guess 15%, when a cloud kicks in the lights drop to 0%, as the fade continues this 0% gets more frequent :(

Surley the cloud should still have a max % of 85 rather than 100
Either that or a setting to define clouds between times x and y

Blahenazo
12.11.2010, 08:16
could be a problem in the calculation , the 85 % max dimming should be calculated of the current dim level.
and not from the complete dimming range.

But I guess GHL can confirm how its calculated.

on the other hand I have the same issue with my moonlight ( my tank can becomes completely dark , if a cloud passes) , and a couple secs later it can be again at the normal moon level.
I find it a nice lighting , rather then a bug :))

ps; also my moon light is already set quite low , because I don't like a very clear moonlight ( neither do the fish)
pps: since I use a simu stick only for moon,sunset my cloud max dim level is alot lower then yours.

Matthias
12.11.2010, 10:48
in the latest firmware we prevented that a cloud switches a lamp completely off

I guess you have an older firmware stand, please update

evilscoop
12.11.2010, 11:46
aha, might be nice for you to update the change log then please :D

yes im still on 503a, changelog only goes to 503b and nothing in that is worth the update atm......

Matthias
13.11.2010, 10:51
yes, the history will be corrected

but the firmware you have should not switch of the illumination when a cloud comes up - if you watch the brightness of the channel in question (maybe you have to change the display options in order to watch this value) - can you see "0%" ?

how does the aquaray behave if you change the brightness manually? does it switch off before reaching 0%?

evilscoop
15.11.2010, 10:06
aha, yes it switches off before 100%....looks to turn off at about 90%

I have 4 aquaray's controlled via an EVG-AP-2F in order to link the rays in banks of 2...
This I know is a very non standard setup, so not expecting it to get sorted tbh :D