PDA

View Full Version : Profilux stand alone dosing pump noisy.

mattdean
01.11.2010, 11:54
One of the reasons I bought the Sa# dosing pump was because I had read many comments that it was silent. One person said the only way he knew it was working was by seeing the drops from the tube, it was so quiet.

Well, MY dosing pump is very noisy. I can hear the pump working even when I'm watching a movie. Is there a break in period, or could something be wrong? I have the pump mounted vertically on one of the doors of my stand. It's 3 pumps and I just hooked it up yesterday.

Thanks

aqua_digital
01.11.2010, 19:10
the noise is dependant on the pressure being applied to the motors, some will run silent than others depending on the set up, there is no golden nugget. Generally they will quieten down with use and the tolernces wear in, that does not mean that it will be totally silent or as quiet as the next one. it also does not mean anything is wrong.

Importantly for all to remember make sure you service the pumps once every 3-4 months.

Hope that reasures.

mattdean
02.11.2010, 01:20
thank you for the reply. I must say, I would be a little disappointed if it remains this loud. There certainly doesn't seem to be any reason for the pump to be working that hard. The canisters for Ca and Alk are only inches away. I do hope it is just a matter of breaking the unit in. I have gone to great trouble and expense to buy only the quietest equipment. this would be the noisiest part of the system.