PDA

View Full Version : Serious vortech controller isues

richard.mayo
29.10.2010, 10:34
Firstly im very very angry with the support so far, ive owned this paperweight for 4 days now and its still not working, the manual is terrible and has little to no information what so ever, the device, and the software is confusing as ever (by the way im actually pretty good with computers, so its not me) i have no idea how you can expect people to figure this out or do you assume that everyone will come to the forum for help.....

So here goes

OK, i thought i would start a new thread about this, here is the current problem im having...

OK tried a new PAB cable from my PAB power bars, still not working.

This is what is have

Firmware Vortech Controller 1.01
Firmware Controller Interface 0.
Firmware RF-Module 0.

When i try to update the Controller_Interface_OS (V1.02) i get a "Error! Couldn't start update" error and the same when i try to update the RF_Module_OS (V1.02)

I have tried un-assigning and re-assigning, restarting the P3EX, restarting the controller... nothing is working.

On the controller the orange light is blinking in time with the powerbars and the green light is solid, no blue and red lights are on.

I have noticed that when i click on the Vortech Overview in the software that the orange light on the powerboards and the Vortech Controller stop and then after a few seconds blink and then come quite speratic with no real timing, as if there is a connection problem

aqua_digital
29.10.2010, 15:41
You are getting very adequate attention and rapid replies to your other post so I am confused why you are angry with support so far.

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?2899-vortech-controller-anyone/page3

Replies and help are very fast in coming and we are doing all we can to work this out with you.

Please continue support on the above thread so the advise is not disjointed.

richard.mayo
29.10.2010, 21:24
I guess i have a different idea on what "rapid" actually means.....

TheManicFishkeeper
29.10.2010, 21:46
When I was flashing all of our Vortech modules here I noticed this behavior would occur when the PAB device was not assigned properly. here is the Procedure that should work:

1) Using the Profilux front panel, browse to the PAB menu and assign the device.
2) If you are already connected to the profilux via the PLC software you MUST disconnect, then reconnect to the profilux with the software

You should then be able to see the device correctly. if you do not disconnect and reconnect using the software it doesnt appear to update the stats correctly. Not sure why, but this is what I had to do when I updated the 30 modules I had to ship out.

TheManicFishkeeper
29.10.2010, 22:25
I should also mention that its really easy to accidentally go through the Assign menu without actually selecting the check box to assign the device (I did this a few times before I realized my mistake). When you get into the assign menu, use the up or down arrow to select the Vortech module, then use the right arrow to place an X in teh box, then hit the center button to confirm.

richard.mayo
29.10.2010, 22:26
i have assigned and re-assigned about 5 times and i have PAB powerboards which work so i dont think its the assigning i think but thanks anyway

richard.mayo
29.10.2010, 22:27
I should also mention that its really easy to accidentally go through the Assign menu without actually selecting the check box to assign the device (I did this a few times before I realized my mistake). When you get into the assign menu, use the up or down arrow to select the Vortech module, then use the right arrow to place an X in teh box, then hit the center button to confirm.

yep done all that, thanks

TheManicFishkeeper
29.10.2010, 22:31
Just so I get a better idea of whats going on can you tell me what version of the firmware you are running on your Profilux

TheManicFishkeeper
29.10.2010, 22:33
Richard, feel free to phone me Toll free at Progressive Reef (1-866-997-7333) if you are in North America, lets see if I can give you a hand with this.

richard.mayo
29.10.2010, 22:37
5.0.4.2 software 5.04a FW

Matthias
30.10.2010, 08:33
Richard,

the first batch of the VorTech-Controllers have been shipped completely (more than 100 units), there was no other issue reported so far.
We got some emails from customers who even stated that the use (and manual) of this product would be great, I guess it is always difficult to make everyone happy.

As I have already written in the other thread: It seems your device is not working correctly, I can't imagine that you have done something wrong, using the controller is quite simple.
Please contact your retailer.