PDA

View Full Version : Dosing Pump Setup problem

deepseanige
25.10.2010, 16:56
Hey,

I have a 6 socket power bar connected to S1-S4 which works fine and I'm now trying to get the dosing pumps running.

From what I can see is I should connect the comms cable to S5-S6, disconnect the power bar comms cable. Then program the "Numbering of a dosing pump station" to, say, 10, 11, 12, 13 and finally reconnect the powerbar comms cable.

I'd then just need to allocate timers to each socket number (10-13) to program what I need to dose.

My problem is, the second I connect the comms cable to the dosing pump all pumps activate on. I then try to reconfigure the numbering on the dosing pumps but it doesn't seem to have any affect and they just continue to whir round. At no stage does the yellow comms light come on?

Any ideas?

Oh, and I'm using a Profilux II Plus.

Thanks

N

Matthias
26.10.2010, 08:54
if you want to use the dosing unit in digital mode then it must be connected to S1-S4 (connect it to second S-port of the powerbar), then you can assign the numbering as needed

if you connect the doser to S5-S8 it will be operated in normal mode, then the assignment is fixed to S5 ... S8

deepseanige
26.10.2010, 09:21
Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Can I presume if I connect the dosing pumps to S5-S8 then I need to reprogramme the digital power bar to S1-S4,S9,S10 to handle all 6 sockets?

Thanks

Nigel

GHL Support
26.10.2010, 14:46
You can only give numbers in a row, that would be S9 - S14.

Matthias
27.10.2010, 06:36
you would have an overlapping on sockets 5 and 6 if your powerbar starts at 1

solution: let the powerbar start at 9 (or higher)

or use the doser on S1S4 like the powerbar and programm the start numbering for both according to your wishes