PDA

View Full Version : Product Request.

Luisagos
22.02.2009, 20:37
I am looking to data log my motor pumps current or any other equipment plugged into a Digital 6 socket power bar.

By logging the current of a motor, you can see when a pump is going to fail or needs cleaning before you have the problem.

Once you have the Amps logged, you will get other useful information.

Voltage x Amps = Watts.

You also will have kilowatt meter which could tell you how much Electricity your are using.
You could also let the user input their current rates in the area they live in, so they know how much it cost to run that device.

Possibilities are endless with a device like this.

This was posted on RC by me, but I believe it can do better here, I really do think this a good idea, but unfortunately is not just a software mod, you would need a new power bar also.
What you guys think?

aqua_digital
22.02.2009, 23:45
Hi

This is well established for the release of the PIII :)

Luisagos
23.02.2009, 01:17
Hi

This is well established for the release of the PIII :)

You realize its not only a software change, you need also a new Digital 6 socket power bar.
Are you saying we also are going to get a new Digital 6 socket power bar with current sensing sensors built in? ;)

If that the case then I am going to be all over that. :D

Matthias
23.02.2009, 08:17
yes, there will be a new digital powerbar but the features are not clear yet
it depends on the price for the current sense sensors
if the price will increase too much by adding the current sense feature we will not add it because the majority of the users will not pay for it

Luisagos
23.02.2009, 15:44
Is there any plans for a input 0 to10v module ?

A least with a module like that, we can add our own circuits.

Like these. (http://web4.automationdirect.com/adc/Overview/Catalog/Sensors_-z-_Encoders/Current_Sensing_Transducers/AC_Current_Transducers)

aqua_digital
23.02.2009, 15:48
Interesting product, and as the ProfiLux has 0-10V line :cool:

But Matthias can answer this better than I

Matthias
23.02.2009, 16:19
yes, I even considered to develop a general purpose 0-10V analog input card for the PII

Luisagos
23.02.2009, 18:33
yes, I even considered to develop a general purpose 0-10V analog input card for the PII

You would open PIII to new possibilities by adding a analog card input. As of right now, there is no way to read an analog signal, only through probes.
You got both digital signals covered and just the analog out.
Just get us an analog card in, and we have a complete automation system.

schwenkl
02.03.2009, 18:45
Any further thought to adding Ph standard to the GHL ProfiLux Light 2 Controller?

camnbron
03.03.2009, 08:27
What about a digital input card?
This would allow people to have the ablility to configure buttons for situations where they are unable to communicate with the Profilux by the buttons on the front or via the computer.

Matthias
03.03.2009, 09:04
@schwenkl: no, if we would add pH to the ProfiLux II Light it would become significant more expensive - then you`d better buy a ProfiLux II eX + powerbar

@cambron: a card with digital inputs is simple to develop, but what exactly do you want to make with these digital signals?

camnbron
03.03.2009, 09:29
@cambron: a card with digital inputs is simple to develop, but what exactly do you want to make with these digital signals?
It would be expanding on switches that are already available, but allows the user to define their purpose.
For example:
A person may have their sump in a basement, below the display tank. Their Controller is situated near the sump, but they would like to initiate a feed pause from upstairs. A button located upstairs is configured to mimic or be in parallel to the the feed pause button on the controller.

Matthias
03.03.2009, 16:20
ok, we consider to offer a combo input modul - 2 x analog and 4x digital

Frogger
03.03.2009, 23:34
I would love the ability to add more than 4 input cards in the profilux..

aqua_digital
03.03.2009, 23:35
This will be standard in the PIII upgrade kit

schwenkl
04.03.2009, 02:04
Almost forgot about this one from older RC request.....

How about single fans for canopy ventliation use controled my temp/humidity probe! Well you could control it how you wanted, but that's how I would use it.

Thanks for response on light bar. I more than see your point, but how about as an option?

Matthias
04.03.2009, 08:05
to allow a pH-option it is necessary to do some larger changes in the hardware - too expensive

schwenkl
04.03.2009, 16:10
Thanks.

How about single fans for canopy ventliation use controled my temp/humidity probe! Well you could control it how you wanted, but that's how I would use it.

Matthias
04.03.2009, 16:12
not planned yet

ReefGuy
04.03.2009, 17:44
The Idea of a card with 4 digital inputs as well as 2 analog inputs sounds excellent.
Example: The ability to add further float switches to your system.
Rgs

Coralleida
05.03.2009, 23:44
I have another idea for the people who uses the dosing system.

¿What about to develop level sensors for the cans we use with the dosing units?

One little sensor for each can, using the digital input or another kind of input, and when the level falls down, would be interesting to see an alarm for that can ;)