PDA

View Full Version : What accessoires do i need with profilux plus II?

Ray
22.10.2010, 10:16
I am thinking of buying a profilux plus II computer. But before ordering anything i want to know exactly what accessoires (partnumbers) i need. :confused:

i want to automate the following, what accessoires do i need to make this work?

1. dosing pump control (4 pumps)
2. USB/LAN connection
3. PH control
4. auto water change + leakage detection
5. illumination control 2xT5 in future 4xT5
6. temp monitoring (not controlling temp, just monitoring).

- First off will i have enough plugs with a 4 plug powerbar or do i need more?
- What is needed to upgrade to USB/LAN, what card & cables are needed?
- Besides a co2 magnet valve and ph probe do i need anything else to control Co2?
- With the profilux plus II come 2 options to meassure water level, i need a third option for leakage detection what extension do i need?
- What cables will i need?

What else could i possibly need? Thanks.

Matthias
22.10.2010, 12:38
dosing unit 4fold
expansion card PLM-USB or PLM-LAN or you choose ProfiLux3 instead which has built-in LAN and USB
pH control - input is present, you need a probe + calibration fluid
water change + leak - you need level sensors + a powerbar for switching devices like solenoids, pumps, etc.
illum. control - depends on dimmable or standard - what lamps? our lamps are ProfiLux-ready (with interface)
the eX models have 3 level inputs (the other versions only 2)
cables - most cables are included, maybe you need special cables for conenction the lamp - depends on the lamp

please see our comparison chart of the ProfiLux models
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System__E_/Products/Controller/controller.html

Ray
22.10.2010, 13:56
Thanks. In response to your answers i have a few more questions.

dosing unit 4fold
this will need only one out of the four plugs right? Regardless of the unit -integrated computer or not?

expansion card PLM-USB or PLM-LAN or you choose ProfiLux3 instead which has built-in LAN and USB
What difference in functionality is there between LAN/USB?

pH control - input is present, you need a probe + calibration fluid
I have a Dennerle CO2 solenoid valve Comfort is it compatible with profilux?

water change + leak - you need level sensors + a powerbar for switching devices like solenoids, pumps, etc.
how many plugs of the powerbar do 2 water sensors take up?

llum. control - depends on dimmable or standard - what lamps? our lamps are ProfiLux-ready (with interface)
I am going to use it on A Giesemann Linea II aquarium with dimmable lights of Giesemann, i assume this is compatible?

Am i right that none of the probes PH, Redox etc require a powerplug since they are non switchable devices?

Lastly, what is the expected lifetime of a redox probe and that of a conductivity probe; is it the same as that of a pH probe?

thanks, Ray

GHL Support
26.10.2010, 15:07
this will need only one out of the four plugs right? Regardless of the unit -integrated computer or not?
The dosing unit is connected to the ProfiLux directly through the control cable at a S-socket. The power cable can be plugged into a normal
wall socket. You need a dosing unit without integrated controller, so without "SA".

I have a Dennerle CO2 solenoid valve Comfort is it compatible with profilux?
If the valve shall only be switched on/off under certain conditions, then you can use it in a socket on the powerbar.

how many plugs of the powerbar do 2 water sensors take up?
For water change and leakage detection you will need 3 sensors and two sockets on the powerbar.

I am going to use it on A Giesemann Linea II aquarium with dimmable lights of Giesemann, i assume this is compatible?
You will probably need an adapter to connect the Giesemann lights to the ProfiLux, e.g. LBF-AP (two channels, without internal shut-off) or LF-ABOX (one channel, with internal shut-off).

Am i right that none of the probes PH, Redox etc require a powerplug since they are non switchable devices?
They are only connected to the ProfiLux and don't need a powerplug.