PDA

View Full Version : New firmware 4.06

Matthias
01.05.2009, 11:21
from now on the new firmware 4.06 is available (as a betaversion - bugs cannot be excluded surely!)

Firmware, corresponding manual and ProfiLuxControl can be downloaded here:
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System__E_/Download/download.html

The most important new feature is probably the DALI-support. With a ProfiLux II and the card PLM-DALI you will get a complete DALI-light controller!

All changes are mentioned in the firmware history.

xiaan
01.05.2009, 13:27
Thanks Matthias,

I have not loaded the firmware but I just tested out the application. I have found a few issues with it where can I submit the bugs?

Matthias
01.05.2009, 20:56
I think you have my email address

MAXreefer
06.05.2009, 17:30
I just updated software and firmware from 405 to 406.

No complains (it is a Beta vesrion and things can happen)!!! Just to get you some info what happened here:

The software asked during the installation for a file called something like xxx.msi (which I think to remember was pointing at some file from the 405 version). That file was not on my PC and I clicked cancel. Software continued to install but at the end it reported the 406 was not installed properly but the 406 icon was on my desktop and it seems just to work fine.

Firmware update:
The update had no issues at all. Ran smoothly. Only thing I noticed I lost all my settings. The controller had set everything back to "factory settings" which didn't happen from 404 to 405.
I had saved my settings and when I tried to transfer those from the PC to the Profilux I got the message "settings from older firmware continue anyways" I said yes and also this seems to work fine

instantsquid
15.05.2009, 23:16
I just installed the BETA firmware as there were a couple of features I had requested that I was keen to try out.

As above, all the settings were lost, which was a bit of a surprise.

The main issue is that the computer does not seem to acknowledge that I have a air temperature / humidity expansion card installed.

Regards,
Ian.

Matthias
16.05.2009, 08:48
to lose settings during firmware update must always be expected - for this reason a backup of all settings is recommended

PLM-Humi-Temp: I have it tried here in all 3 slots - was always recognized
So you say it worked with older firmware and not any more with 4.06?
What happens after downgrade?

Try to power down the device and restart.

instantsquid
16.05.2009, 13:17
Hi Matthias,

As you suggested, powering down the unit and restarting it has sorted the problem.

Thank you!

Ian

Matthias
16.05.2009, 14:56
new firmware 4.06 from 05/15/2009 can be downloaded:

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Download/AllProfiLuxII_V406.zip

added support for saving of DALI parameters

instantsquid
16.05.2009, 16:07
Hi,

Is this no longer a Beta release? Should I upgrade again?

Ian.

Matthias
18.05.2009, 13:10
it is still BETA - it is not very important to upgrade from the previous 4.06 if you don`t use DALI