PDA

View Full Version : Connection Issues

rjengen
06.10.2010, 03:58
I have been experiancing some issues with my Pro Plus II Ex, and I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue...

I added a USB card to my controller, installed the drivers as per the instruction, and can connect fine to my controller. What happens though, is after 5 or so minutes of being connected I get an error message "Communications Error / Error Code 60" Then the computer disconnects from the controller, and hangs up, and usually requires a hard reboot. If I plug in the rs 232 cable I don't have an issue like this. Reason I added the USB expansion slot is because the one laptop I've elected to use for my tank doesn't have a serial port on it. I am running the lastest firmware on the controller. Any idea's would help me out a lot...and thanks for a wicked product!

Matthias
06.10.2010, 07:06
it seems your USB port goes into power saving mode after a while

first of all ensure you use the newest driver for your PLM-USB

maybe you also change the used COM-port in the device manager

many other hints can be read sefveral threads here, some are sticky, please try first to use the search-function

rjengen
11.10.2010, 19:37
Did some searching, and some more, and I'm not really finding a solution...

Double checked that the drivers for the PLM-USB were the latest off this site,
Firmware version - 5.03
Profilux control version 5.0.3.2

Connection Settings
COM 3
baud 9600
device address 1
Type of connection RS232/USB
Time out 1000ms

I have tried to unplug the PLM-USB and put in in another slot, and then updated drivers, and scanned com. Can connect still, but it will time out on me. I've noticed once I get the error, if I unplg the USB cable to the PC, I don't need to reboot the computer.

rjengen
11.10.2010, 20:53
I should also mention, the power settings for the laptop I am using are set to always on, and it's set to never go into hybernation or anything like that. The issue is also experianced on my other laptop via UBS connection.

Matthias
12.10.2010, 07:38
please activate the option "RS485 delay" in your connection settings - this slows down the communication a little bit but makes it more reliable if there are connection issues

rjengen
12.10.2010, 18:56
Thanks Matthias, we will give that a try!

rjengen
14.10.2010, 19:22
Tried with the delay setting, and we're not getting the error as much as before, but still getting error 60 non the less, around once or twice a day. I can live with it I guess until we upgrade to a Pro 3 at the end of this month