PDA

View Full Version : hearting with PropellerControl

wim
02.10.2010, 14:55
Goodafternoon,

My paludarium is controlled by a Profilux Plus II. The PropellerControl is used for extra cooling the paludarium in summertime - when necessary - by means of small fans.
A 1-10V interface is assigned to the airtemperature sensor. So far so good.
(Suction hot air from inside to outside.)
Now, room temperature is dropping and I like to use the whole unit in reverse, that is to say, blowing hot air from the illumination space into the paludarium.
But unfortunately there is no "invert" setting for the airtemperature. That is to say: real temperature lower then desired temperature gives output on the 1-10V interface.

Is there a solution?
(I prefer not to use a switching output.The fans are computer fans.)

Thanks in advance,
Wim

Matthias
02.10.2010, 15:12
the fans can only rotate in one direction

TheManicFishkeeper
02.10.2010, 18:06
As Mattias stated the fans can only operate in one direction, however if you changed your fan placement so they are blowing into the paladarium you just have to change the 1-10v setting from "Temperature Cooling" to "Temperature Heating" to accomplish the heating effect you want. this way the fans will turn on when the temperature gets too low instead of when its too high.

Ideally to accomplish proper cooling and heating in a paladarium I would set it up in this way:

- Fans set to exhaust heat when the temp gets too high (as you current configuration is set) "Temperature Cooling"
- Heat lamp or other such heating unit mounted to project heat into the palidarium configured on a socket defined as "Temperature Heating"
OR a second set of fans configured to blow heat into the Paladrium from the lighting space configured as "Temperature Heating"

wim
03.10.2010, 07:20
The fans can indeed just run in one direction, but turning them upside down is a matter of 2 seconds in my case.

I do not understand where and how to set the 1-10V interface from "temperature cooling" to "temperature heating". Like I mentioned before, I use computerfans, not profilux fans.

Coralleida
03.10.2010, 23:44
You can use the Propellercontrol with your fans and with the ProfiLux AC/DC adaptor

Matthias
04.10.2010, 08:11
PropellerControl reacts only on the signal "cooling", never on "heating"
-> I don't think it is possible what you are trying here to achieve

wim
04.10.2010, 09:34
Ok everybody, thank you very much for your replies and suggestions. I am convinced now that the only resolution lies in the software. May be an issue for a coming update?

For now, I shall remove the propellercontrol and reconfigure the temperature control by means of the powerswitching bar.

Thank again,
wim

TheManicFishkeeper
04.10.2010, 21:10
My apologies I was thinking about the socket output, not the 1-10v output. If you use socket outputs for simple on/off style controlling you can use temperature 1 heating, but not the 1-10v control.