PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP PROFILUX 3 has problem communicating with SMS MODULE

glanka
01.10.2010, 14:00
Hello
I have a P3 with firmware 5.03b
PLC software 5.0.3.1 Dosing unit, PB, Probes- PH, conductivity,temp
Communication LAN +USB card I only use LAN
Slot 0 serial port
slot 1 cond+uUSB
slot 2 serial port added today. I use serial port for AI Led modules

Connection
PC to Profilux through LAN, Profilux to SMS module via serial cable (grey colour from GHL)

Today added the SMS module. GHL had already installed Firmware 2.01
red light slow flash one in about 4 sec
Both green contionously on
Yellow continously on

Now the problem
Took many attempts to programme SMS module as the screen Freeze when i try to save information. I have to disconnect the serial cable or restart PLC progrmme.

After 4-5 hours of connecting and disconnecting i found the information was getting saved in the PLC but don't know if it is saved in the P3

When i Test no message goes through.

I get error message 28 and 50
I can see the green bar battery charge and status as ready.
Finally i get NO connection to the SMS module at all. All I see is the SMS module on the right side of the PLC but when i highlight it the whole screen freeze?.

I have deleted my email connection to both the PC and P3 thinking it may be causing the problem. But that has made no difference.
NEED GHL support HELP
Thank you
glanka

glanka
02.10.2010, 04:26
Hello
I am continuing to check why it's not working
Phone ihave it with +61 and no zero as the first digit Yellow light is continously on

I checked the communication monitor: all comunication to the SMS is about 120ms response time with over 75 missed transmissins. But in other areas respnse is about 30ms
So it appear that the second serial port has communication problems
I am planning to change the communication what i will try is PC to P3 LAN, P3 to SMS original serial port, and AI LED to the newly added serial port.
I will have to wait for the lights to come up to see if AI Leds can communicate with the second serial port that i have added

Eagerly awaiting GHL support!!!!!! Thank you
glanka

Matthias
02.10.2010, 08:40
Hi

I have here the same configuration to check where the problem might be: P3 (5.03b), connected over LAN, SMS unit (2.01) connected over serial cable to ProfiLux

ProfiLuxControl (5.0.3.1) shows this after testing some time:

response time about 70ms (comparison to communication with p3: 16ms) - is Ok, the data is routed through P3 and needs more time
no transmission errors (I stopped the test after 5000 successful transmissions)

this means: there is no problem with the hardware, firmware or software, so we must find the reason for the strange behaviour

I wonder why the standard response time is 30ms for your system, 2 times slower than in my system. Is there a bad wireless connection between?

Could you remove the PLM-RS232 for testing?
Did you enable "AI present"? - you shouldn't
how does the system behave when you remove the SIM-card?

glanka
02.10.2010, 08:48
Hello
Finally got the SMS module to function. In my view the second serial port that i added was the problem. Now i use the SMS module with the original serial port. As a result I cannot control the AI Led with the profilux. I tried connecting the AI Leds with the second serial port but it dosen't communicate with the AI unit. Can GHL SUPPORT advise me as to the possibility of connecting the AI while the SMS module is using the serial port.
Hoping to hear from GHL support soon Thank you
glanka

Matthias
02.10.2010, 10:25
Hi

the current firmware doesn't support the AI control over the PLM-RS232.

However, the PLM-RS232 should be able to communicate with the SMS-module as good as the original RS232 port does.

I don't have a PLM-RS232 in my place, so I can't check this, I will do this on Monday when I am back in the office.

glanka
02.10.2010, 10:28
877G]877[/ATTACH]877Hello Matthias
Thank you for helping.
All connections through the added serial port PLM R232 is very slow or it freezes the screen. I don't know if it is related to FW 503b. I updated to 503c increased the response to 10sec. Also i am not using the PLMR232 port.
Now the transmission is about 16ms through Lan connection.

I cannot find where it say AI PRESENT enable

I can remove the PLB R232 for testing but how do i get it tested? Could the problem be with the RJ45 cable that gets attached to the serial cable?

I am from Melbourne and PLB R232 is not available locally i had to get it from Germany.877878

attachment 1 Lan connection 16ms excellent
attchment2 is the sms module connection which is slow about 70ms

When i had the second 232 it was 100ms

Now i am happy with the original 232 to sms connection

Please advise as to how i can get my AI module connected to the second 232 connection
Can i use the tunze 6055 RJ 45 cable? to connect to AI 232 cable and the second 232 port?
Please dont forget to let me know where the AI PRSENT enabling is on the software as i cannot see one
I hope i inserted the attchement correctly
glanka

Matthias
02.10.2010, 10:32
Can i use the tunze 6055 RJ 45 cable? to connect to AI 232 cable and the second 232 port?
- no!
AI over PLM-RS232 is not supported from the firmware

AI-settings are under menu "special lamp"

more after my research on Monday

glanka
02.10.2010, 10:32
Hello
Thank you for all the help.
Can wait till next week i am using the original AI controller for the time being.
glanka

glanka
03.10.2010, 11:12
Hello Matthias

Under special lamp option " A lamp from AI is connected to profilux". All this time i had ticked(enabled) it but there was no SMS unit and a second R232 port.

Does it mean that once i hook up a SMS to a second R232 i should "disable" the AI LAMP option. Then how will P3 communicate to AI leds as i have AI module connected to the P3 through the original R232 port.

Without Sim card and SMS connected via original port R232, PC to P3 is Lan then the communication is still at 65 to 75 ms range over 20 sec no failed transmission. Lan connection with fw 503c is 12 to 16ms.

correction- when i originally started this sms upgrade fw was 503 not 503b as stated earlier.

Additional information- I removed the con/redox card from slot one and installed the PLM R232. PC to P3 via this, there is no communiction.

No more experimenting . Awating advise from Matthias Next week

Also let me thank Matthias very much as he replied my emails from home. I hope i didn't cause any inconvenience.
Appreciate your service very much. The last time you were very helpful in sorting the problem with my Peltier chiller.

Thank you again
glanka

glanka
11.10.2010, 08:11
Hello
I still cannot get the SMS unit to communicate through PLM-R232 to P3 when the PC is connected to P3 through LAN

I can connect SMS unit through the original 232 port and it works well but as a result cannot control my AI Leds as the original 232 port is used for the SMS.
Is the problem with PLM 232 or FW or the cable? please let me know what to do.
Thank you
glanka

Matthias
12.10.2010, 07:25
Hi

I was able to produce the same situation here, it seems that there is a timing-problem between SMS-unit and secondary RS232 port.
This takes a few more days until we resolved it, I guess it will be part of ProfiLux firmware 5.04. I beg you for some patience, I am working on this.

glanka
12.10.2010, 07:38
Hello
Please take your time i understand these issues take time to resolve. In the mean time i have the AI controller on but it has no detailed parameters like the P3.
Thank you for investing your time and energy to resolve it.
glanka

glanka
22.10.2010, 12:48
Hello Matthias
I see that FW 5.04a is available. Will it resolve the SMS unit /RS232 issue?
I see no fw history about the 5.04a
glanka

Matthias
22.10.2010, 12:50
Hi

yes, the communication was again improved, but I fear that your problem is still not resolved with it.
Maybe you have less bad transmissions, but there will be still some.
Please let me know if something changed.
We are still searching for a solution.

mshur
22.10.2010, 15:17
I upgrraded to 5.04.02 last night and there is no issues with SMS at all..Works smooth..As a matter effect i got my SMS at 9.30 am the way it was program.

glanka
28.11.2010, 02:53
Hi Matthias
Please let me know if the new update 5.05 address this issue e.g. Secondary R232 port controlling SMS and primary R232 port controlling AI module.
SMS works well with the primary R232, i think the other gentleman writting to this thread may not have recognised that it is the secondry R232 that is the issue.
Thank you

Matthias
28.11.2010, 10:06
Hi Glanka,

not yet - if we are lucky and find a final solution in the next days we will include the fix in 5.05 release, if not I must ask you for some more patience (until 5.06).
I didn`t forget it.