PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed Immediately

TGreene
29.09.2010, 21:59
I very recently purchased a ProfiLux-3 w/ Expansion Box and 4-Pump Doser.

I have all ports on both PAB's and the Doser assigned as 1-6, 7-12 and 13-16 respectively.

I need help programming the following 3 sequences:

I need to regulate #'s 15 and 16 on the Doser, with a Level Sensor (not yet installed or assigned) and pH Probe-1. If my pH is below a maximum setpoint, then I want #15 on dosing pump to direct RO/DI water to my Kalk Reactor. If pH is above setpoint, then #16 should be activated to supply pure water only to the sump. The pump should run until the Level Sensor indicates the proper amount of water has been added.

CO2 Solenoid needs to be activated based upon pH Probe-2. If pH reading is above setpoint, the CO2 is activated until pH drops to desired level.

Ozone needs to be activated based upon Redox Probe reading. Once Redox level reaches the desired setpoint, it turns off to prevent O3 ovrdosing.

All probes are properly calibrated at this point.

I kindly thank you in advance. :)

-Tim

aqua_digital
30.09.2010, 17:45
Hi

I can help you with items 2 and 3 but will leave the item 1 for one of our programmable logic experts ;)

2. Go to socket function outlet and set your desired socket to pH2 down, then go to pH 2 screen and input your nominal value

3. Go to socket function outlet and set your desired socket to Redox. Go to Redox input screen and set your nominal value

If someone could help Tim with item one it would be appreciated

TGreene
30.09.2010, 22:57
Those were simple enough and are done... Now for item #1. :)

-Tim

TheManicFishkeeper
01.10.2010, 00:14
The Programmable logic for this should be pretty straightforward.

You will need two gates. One to control Ph Up, one to control Ph down (fresh only).

The trick is simple, you need to make them react to "water 1" (the level sensor)

Gate #1:
water1 AND Ph1 Increase

Gate #2
water1 AND Ph1 Decrease

Then in your socket definitions define "Progammable Logic 1" on the pump that will feed your Kalk reactor, and "Programmable Logic 2" for the Pump that will feed top off water.

These gates will basically ONLY turn the pumps on if your water level is low AND the Ph needs to be adjusted. The downside is that if your Ph is perfect, but your water level is low the top off wont trigger. I'm also unsure of how the pumps will react with the rapid Ph changes that can occur with Kalk. I'm worried that if the Ph swings rapidly "up" it might trigger the other pump to operate. You can tweak this behavior a bit by playing with the Hysterisis on the Ph settings, or possibly combining these Logic gates with another set mixed with a timer so you can have Ph up occur at a set time, but Ph down wouldnt occur for an hour later.

I can provide more details once you try it out a bit.

Hope this helps

Gareth

TGreene
01.10.2010, 17:26
Okay, I have configured everything precisely as suggested above, but I have no response from my Optical Level Sensor which is plugged directly into the ProfiLux-3 and labeled as Level-1. My Float Sensor is plugged into the Expansion Box and is labeled as Level-4, and will be used as a HIGH-WATER alarm to trigger an email and/or audible alarm sensor in the event of a pump failure.

-Tim

TheManicFishkeeper
01.10.2010, 19:39
Have you verified the sensor is reacting through the "level" section of the software?

Just monitor the sensor state and pull the probe out of the water. If the sensor state changes then the probe is working correctly and we have a logic error to work out.

TGreene
01.10.2010, 21:20
Grrrrr, everything was fine... The problem turned out to be teh gathering of bubbles at the Optical Sensor since I had recently fed my corals.

To fix this problem, I cut a section of 4" PVC that had a large portion of the base notched out to allow for water to very easily enter and exit the tube, then fitted it around the sensor rod to eliminate the possibility of bubbles from ever again coming into contact with the Optical Sensor. The water now raises and lowers just at it would through an external sight glass, and the Optical Sensor and Dosing Pumps do exactly as requested.

Thank you guys so much for all your help! :)

TheManicFishkeeper
01.10.2010, 21:46
Awesome! glad to hear it was something easy to fix!