PDA

View Full Version : vortech controller anyone?

peter.p
27.09.2010, 14:54
Does anyone has the vortech controller on his profilux already? Mine is coming at week 40 ( next week ).

Grtz,

peter

TheManicFishkeeper
02.10.2010, 00:53
Yes, I've been testing the first one we recieved its pretty sweet. What did you want to know?

tomcoleman
07.10.2010, 11:46
can you post some pics up and maybea video / small review?

As cant find any real information on these from users

wrang
14.10.2010, 13:58
does it work with Profilux II??

Wirus
14.10.2010, 14:47
does it work with Profilux II??

No, it´s a PAB device. And PAB is not supported by PL II

TheManicFishkeeper
16.10.2010, 01:16
Will do, give me a day or so to get something written up.

chiefzod
25.10.2010, 07:14
I can't get my firmware controller interface to update. It says version 0. and the Firmware RF-Module is the same.

Matthias
25.10.2010, 07:55
did you update the ProfiLuxControl (min. 5.0.4.2), firmware ProfiLux (min. 5.04a) AND firmware VorTech-Controller (min. 1.01) and follow exactly those instructions
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System__E_/Support/download.php?did=111
?

chiefzod
25.10.2010, 08:04
Yes as far as i'm aware. Software and firmware it latest version.

Have plugged the unit in.
Found it on the profilux computer and assigned it.
Connected with the PC software and done the firmware update to the Vortech controller.
Vortech controller registers in the software and can see it's firmware is 1.01.
Cannot update any further. Try to do updates and it says error couldn't start update
Vortech are all reset but not connected yet as

GHL Support
25.10.2010, 12:04
Could you send us a screenshot of the VorTech screen?

To make clear:
you tried to update the VorTech interface, right? (not VorTech Controller or pumps).
If you can't update further (greyed out) the VorTech interface has already the lastest firmware version.

chiefzod
26.10.2010, 00:29
All sorted was an a different issue.

Now i have the unit all working and have the pumps set to tidal mode from 8am to 11pm and the profilux controlled from 11pm to 8am so i can do a night mode. Didn't seem to use the pump night mode otherwise that i can see.
Has anyone else found that to be the case?

Also from what i can see the feeder pause on the profilux doesn't work on the Vortechs. Anyone else have that problem or is there a work around?

Also is there anyway top make the Vortechs come on full bull or all ramp up and ramp down for a storm?

Matthias
26.10.2010, 09:02
Didn't seem to use the pump night mode otherwise that i can see.
- I didn't understand this question - the VorTech-Controller should be in ProfiLux controlled mode between 11pm and 8am and should follow the ProfiLux pump channels pattern

synchronize VorTech with thunderstrom or feedpause:
sync. is only possible when the VorTech-Controller is in ProfiLux controlled mode at this time

I think there is still space for firmware extensions in the future

chiefzod
26.10.2010, 09:09
- I didn't understand this question - the VorTech-Controller should be in ProfiLux controlled mode between 11pm and 8am and should follow the ProfiLux pump channels pattern

Yes it does but only if i set it that way. So yes works fine. Just would have been nice if it if it was automatic.

synchronize VorTech with thunderstrom or feedpause:
sync. is only possible when the VorTech-Controller is in ProfiLux controlled mode at this time

I think there is still space for firmware extensions in the future

Yeah i thought so. Would be nice if the thunderstorm mode just overrided the vortech modes and did what you wanted for a storm and the same for feeding pause. I feel some of the Vortech modes still have a better flow pattern and would still rather leave them on that. Please add these last 2 features :)

richard.mayo
27.10.2010, 00:24
[QUOTE=chiefzod;17887]All sorted was an a different issue.

I have the same issue, how did you solve it, i have FW 0 for the controller interface and 0 for the RF module, also the software (just the Vortech section) is very very slow

richard.mayo
27.10.2010, 01:03
Im having some big problems

just got it to connect and i updated the FW of the controller to 1.01 downloaded from the aquariumcomputer website but when i click on the Vortech Overview in the software it still says version 1.00 and i cant update anything as the button is greyed out??

I have FW 5.04a and software 5.0.4.2???
Controller Interface says 4.7
RF-Module says 1.02

HELP

richard.mayo
27.10.2010, 06:27
Anyone please please help

Matthias
27.10.2010, 06:47
for the update of the VorTech-Controller firmware 1.01 is necessary - if the controller has a lower version an update of the pumps is not supported, therefore the update button is greyed out

please try again to update the VorTech-Controller firmware to version 1.01 - at the end of the update a "success message" must be displayed

keep in mind: during the update only the device which should be updated has to be connected to PAB!

richard.mayo
27.10.2010, 06:54
yeah i did this and updated from the download file on the site, how could it have been wrong?

richard.mayo
27.10.2010, 07:00
OK ive just downloaded a fresh version and updated but still saying 1.00, i got the success message, can you please look at the download file to see if its correct?

richard.mayo
27.10.2010, 08:18
sorry to be pushy, really want to get it working, any luck????

GHL Support
27.10.2010, 10:20
You need to unassign the VorTech-Controller at the ProfiLux (don't forget to save), and then you must reassign your VorTech controller.
After then reconnect with PLC and the new firmware version should appear.

richard.mayo
27.10.2010, 10:41
Thanks that worked but now im onto the next problem, the Controller Interface is 4.7 which when i click upgrade (and choose 1.02, why is it a smaller number) it goes through the upgrade and gives me a success note but it still stays on 4.7??

richard.mayo
27.10.2010, 10:47
OK now it gets stranger, just unplugged the controller as i thought a reset never hurt...

Now the FW shows 1.01 but the interface and RF show 0 and it errors out when i try to update......

is anyone else have the troubles i am???

richard.mayo
28.10.2010, 01:11
anyone.... im about to smash this thing against the wall

richard.mayo
28.10.2010, 09:25
Hello, can i please get some help?

chiefzod
28.10.2010, 09:51
Try another network cable. The PAB cables need to be the correct one. I had a friend who got one and he had 3 cables. One didn't work at all, one worked but wouldn't update the firmware etc and the last one worked perfectly. Check with your dealer to make sure your getting the right type. I believe it's straight through normal cable with no crossovers.

GHL Support
28.10.2010, 10:19
You should make a clear difference between the firmware version of
- the VorTech-Controller (latest: 1.01)
- the controller interface (latest: 1.02)
- the RF module (latest: 1.02)
- and the pumps

I think you had a version 0.47 on the controller interface (not 4.7) and you have updated to 1.02

richard.mayo
28.10.2010, 10:30
OK tried a new PAB cable from my PAB power bars, still not working.

This is what is have

Firmware Vortech Controller 1.01
Firmware Controller Interface 0.
Firmware RF-Module 0.

When i try to update the Controller_Interface_OS (V1.02) i get a "Error! Couldn't start update" error and the same when i try to update the RF_Module_OS (V1.02)

I have tried un-assigning and re-assigning, restarting the P3EX, restarting the controller... nothing is working.

On the controller the orange light is blinking in time with the powerbars and the green light is solid, no blue and red lights are on.

richard.mayo
28.10.2010, 10:36
I have noticed that when i click on the Vortech Overview in the software that the orange light on the powerboards and the Vortech Controller stop and then after a few seconds blink and then come quite speratic with no real timing, as if there is a connection problem

richard.mayo
28.10.2010, 23:01
can anyone help with my new problem?

aqua_digital
29.10.2010, 15:39
Please uplug the device and remove both top cover screws, very carefully and with great attention take off the top lid and make sure the seated PCB has not come adrift in transit.

richard.mayo
29.10.2010, 21:21
done the above, no change, everything looked fine internally

richard.mayo
30.10.2010, 06:56
anyone else care to have a go?

Matthias
30.10.2010, 08:02
this is not a PAB connection problem because the firmware of the VorTech-Controller is read correctly, that the firmware of the internal RF-module is not displayed correctly shows that the communication inside the VorTech-Controller (between our microcontroller and the RF-module) is not working

the only reason for that I could imagine is that the RF-module isn't plugged in correctly, but you said you already tested this

I have no idea what is going on, I believe further tests and experiments are a waste of time

-> only solution: contact your retailer, I think the VorTech-controller must be checked and/or replaced
your retailer is welcome to contact me personally for further support