PDA

View Full Version : Mac & plc

shaggss
20.09.2010, 11:16
Hi Everyone,

I am have glitches running PLC with windows XP on bootcamp. Matthais has informed me this may be the case with others too.

Is anyone using other software on a MAC like VM or Parallels?

I am thinking of just buying a small netbook book for sole profilux use!?!?!?

Many thanks for all your help.

boboxx
20.09.2010, 11:50
I'm using it from time to time with bootcamp Win7 or on a fusion image of win Vista... what are you having for problem?

Mathias-Steffen
20.09.2010, 11:51
Can you describe your difficulties a little more, please?

Beside that, a netbook is always a great idea. And Netbooks are a great way of doing firmwareupdates, etc. too, because they are light and easy to carry whereever you built in your ProfiLux system.

shaggss
20.09.2010, 13:40
I found PLC 4.08 the most stable so I am using this ATM. But it will still become unresponsive after a while and just hang. When I go to close it I get the "This program is not responding" message and need to close and then launch again, sometimes I even have to disconnect and reconnect the usb?

boboxx
20.09.2010, 13:47
Is this on a PII? what firmware version are you using?

Blahenazo
22.09.2010, 19:13
idd 4.08 seems to be a very old version.
5.xx is already stable quite a while.

Mathias-Steffen
22.09.2010, 19:18
If you experience problems with PLC, please update it to the latest beta - there have been added a lot of features and corrected a few small bugs. It could be that the usage on a MAC is affected by this too. Please just give us a feedback of your success.

shaggss
24.09.2010, 09:15
Thanks to all who have replied. I have bitten the bullet and bought a netbook (now Mathias will announce a MAC version of PLC!!!). I did try on another MAC with bootcamp, but still unstable.

Thanks again to all......

ganesh
24.09.2010, 09:27
pitty : (

MitchM
04.10.2010, 13:32
I've been running PLC on my Macintosh through Parallels and Windows 7.
I find it to be very stable and easy to connect - just make sure that you enable the USB connection whenever you start up Windows. Firmware updates have been very little trouble.

I should mention that I am using the Profilux serial port with a Prolific serial to USB converter.

Mitch