PDA

View Full Version : ph control isues

StarF
15.09.2010, 18:17
I am trying to get my ghl to control the ph in my ca reactor. I made a socket function for ph set to decrese.

then i set the normal value to 6,63
hysterix to 0,1

this makes the co2 go on at 6,69 is this the normal function? so if i want the ph to be kept at 6,63 i need to set it to 6,53 ? or am i doing it wrong?

StarF
15.09.2010, 19:50
ok got a problem more, it seems that the sockets dosent turn off the power proberly to my Magnetventil. its a JBL ventine, and the ventile turns off fine when i use a normal power socket, but when i use any of the ones on my powerbar, it turns on, and when the socket turns on, the magnet ventile is still draining power, so it dosent closes, do i need to get the ghl one, in order for it to work proberly ?

GHL Support
16.09.2010, 14:03
I am trying to get my ghl to control the ph in my ca reactor. I made a socket function for ph set to decrese.

then i set the normal value to 6,63
hysterix to 0,1

this makes the co2 go on at 6,69 is this the normal function? so if i want the ph to be kept at 6,63 i need to set it to 6,53 ? or am i doing it wrong?

The smallest number you can choose as hysteresis is already 0,1. With your setting you program that at 6,68 the socket with "pH decrease" is switched on.
At 6,58 the socket with "pH increase" (if you would use that) would switch on, so the behaviour is correct.
As you control the pH only with CO2 (only in one direction), then you could set the normal value to 6,59. Then the socket "pH decrease" would turn on
at 6,64. Perhaps that would be better?

GHL Support
16.09.2010, 14:08
ok got a problem more, it seems that the sockets dosent turn off the power proberly to my Magnetventil. its a JBL ventine, and the ventile turns off fine when i use a normal power socket, but when i use any of the ones on my powerbar, it turns on, and when the socket turns on, the magnet ventile is still draining power, so it dosent closes, do i need to get the ghl one, in order for it to work proberly ?

You say that this is the case for each socket of the Powerbar? The socket switches off, the LED goes off but the ventil is still not closed? Once the socket switches off, there should no more be power on it.
Could you try another device (lamp...) and test if this turns off correctly?

StarF
16.09.2010, 15:02
i tryed the magnetventil on the same powerbar that controls my light, with the same results. I dont know what is going on, if its because i need a new magnet ventile or not. it opens corectly, but even when the socket turns off, it dosent close, not before i pull it from the powerbar. If i use a normal ph controler, it works fine. also i can hear it turn on and off if i plug it into a power connection. the powerbar seems to run fine on other things, i dont know if its because it uses so little power or what it going on. Just to clearify, if i get the ghl magnet ventile, i should work fine on a power bar 6 digital right?

StarF
16.09.2010, 15:05
The smallest number you can choose as hysteresis is already 0,1. With your setting you program that at 6,68 the socket with "pH decrease" is switched on.
At 6,58 the socket with "pH increase" (if you would use that) would switch on, so the behaviour is correct.
As you control the pH only with CO2 (only in one direction), then you could set the normal value to 6,59. Then the socket "pH decrease" would turn on
at 6,64. Perhaps that would be better?

tnx for the explanation, i was just checking if i understood the ghl way of doing this correct. Its a bit diffent on how most ph controlers i used work. Why isent it made so you simple say "turn on at sertain value" and turn off at another value? i think it would work better for a lot of people with ca reactor? or at least make a window showing that having a normal value of 6,59 and a hysterix of 0,1 would mean it would turn on at 6,64 ? and why is it +0,05 when the hysteris is at 0,1 ? is it becaus its 0,05+ and 0,05 - ?

GHL Support
17.09.2010, 14:18
i tryed the magnetventil on the same powerbar that controls my light, with the same results. I dont know what is going on, if its because i need a new magnet ventile or not. it opens corectly, but even when the socket turns off, it dosent close, not before i pull it from the powerbar. If i use a normal ph controler, it works fine. also i can hear it turn on and off if i plug it into a power connection. the powerbar seems to run fine on other things, i dont know if its because it uses so little power or what it going on. Just to clearify, if i get the ghl magnet ventile, i should work fine on a power bar 6 digital right?

With the GHL Magnetventil everything should work correctly...

GHL Support
17.09.2010, 14:22
tnx for the explanation, i was just checking if i understood the ghl way of doing this correct. Its a bit diffent on how most ph controlers i used work. Why isent it made so you simple say "turn on at sertain value" and turn off at another value? i think it would work better for a lot of people with ca reactor? or at least make a window showing that having a normal value of 6,59 and a hysterix of 0,1 would mean it would turn on at 6,64 ? and why is it +0,05 when the hysteris is at 0,1 ? is it becaus its 0,05+ and 0,05 - ?

Please have a look into the ProfiLux manual at the point "Hysteresis". It is explained in detail there why it is in your case 0,05 etc. It would take too long to explain it here again...

StarF
17.09.2010, 14:36
tnx for the support!

I have ordered a ghl magnet ventile :)