PDA

View Full Version : Pond Temperature probe - can't find anywhere??

laurawicks
13.09.2010, 11:01
Hi

Does anyone know where I can purchase a temperature probe for the outdoor GHL, preferably in the UK? We have a P3 set up in an 8C cold room (housing cold-water corals) and using the temperature probe supplied gives us errors, I think due to the temperature we are trying to set it at. I assume the pond probe will solve this problem, but cant find it anywhere, apart from the GHL website which is only for suppliers

Help!

GHL Support
13.09.2010, 12:39
Hello,
yes, the aquarium temperature probe measures only down to 11,5 °C. If you use a pond probe, you can adjust the measurement range from aquarium to pond. The probe can be ordered in our webshop http://www.ghl-store.com/index.html or directly at GHL by E-Mail.

UK-GHL
13.09.2010, 12:41
Hi Laura
We have ordered some pond probes for you a few weeks ago. Hopefully GHL have sent them in our shipment which is due to arrive tomorrow. I'll be in touch when they arrive.

Steve

laurawicks
13.09.2010, 14:46
Thanks Steve, thats great. If you can contact me by email, then I can arrange payment and delivery (email l.wicks at hw dot ac dot uk)

laurawicks
14.09.2010, 09:43
Another thing I have just realised - I tried to calibrate the conductivity probe, telling it I would manually enter the temperature. However, I couldnt do this as the minimum it goes to is 15C. Once I get the pond temperature probe, will I be able to calibrate the conductivity probe? And do I then tell the Profilux the calibration solution is 50 (as thats what it is) or some other value, because it is at 8C?
Thanks

GHL Support
15.09.2010, 12:32
Once you have set the temperature range from aquarium to pond, you should be able to enter the correct degrees and to calibrate the conductivity probe as usual.