PDA

View Full Version : calibrating new temp probe on PIII

adambrum
05.09.2010, 11:04
I just getting my new GHL online after having it repaired and upgraded to a PIII.

My temp sensor has been sitting in a glass of tank water for almost six months and when i connected it it measured 37 deg.

I thought it might be damaged so i brought a new one yesterday and again it seems out, after a quick google and reading a couple of posts i found it seems that it may need calibrating or using the figures from when it was a PII which i dont have.

I have changed the adc 1 and adc 2 and now they are adc1=677 and adc2=319 ( i found these figures on here somewhere) it now reads a couple of degrees over but its better.

How exactly do i calibrate these correctly.

Thanks Adam

GHL Support
06.09.2010, 08:01
Hi Adam,

where was the Upgrade to PL3 done? The upgrade procedure includes to save or write down the ADC1 and ADC2 values for the temperature.

A calibration by the user isn't possible for the temperature.

Solutions:
- you've got a paper with the values, simply write the ADC1/ADC2 values to the corresponding fields
- send the ProfiLux to GHL for recalibrate
- Downgrade PL3 to the original PL2, note the ADC1/ADC2 values for temperature, Upgrade to PL3 and write the ADC1/ADC2 values to the corresponding fields
- change the ADC1/ADC2 values empirical until your temperature is exact enough for your needs (needs lot of time)