PDA

View Full Version : Level sensors not appearing in profilux control

Gullforce
04.09.2010, 07:32
I have recently attached 3 level sensors to my profilux IIIex.
I am able to see them on the control panel of the profilux but I am not able to see them in profilux control. Can anybody tell me how I can enable the level sensors on profilux control?

Gullforce
06.09.2010, 12:26
I have also attached a float type level indicator to my expansion box tonight. This level sensor is also not visible on Profilux control.
Can anybody help?

boboxx
06.09.2010, 14:15
what firmware version are you using?

Gullforce
07.09.2010, 13:56
boboxx,
I am using firmware version 5.00
My connection of Profilux IIIex to computer running profilux control v5.0.3.0 is via LAN
I have tried to connect via USB with no joy so I have ordered a RS232 cable and extension which I should have thursday.
I believe the software on the profilux may be corrupt? as when I save settings in profilux control it fails when trying to save level sensor settings (changing profilux control version did not fix this) and then aborts the save.
My thought is to establish a connection between profilux IIIex and computer running windows 7 via RS232 cable then attempt firmware update on profilux.
I understand all of my settings will be lost as I am currently unable to save them - however not being able to see or utilize any level sensors basically means I can go no further with my setup.
regards
Hamish

Gullforce
09.09.2010, 15:19
Tonight I figured I would try a firmware update on my Profilux IIIex to see if this fixes my problem.
Anyway started the update using USB cable as for some reason firmware updates arent possible via LAN.
60 seconds in and crash.... profilux goes night nights.... I should have disconnected the PAB in fact as a rule I should have disconnected everything.
Anyway 6 hours and 3 computers later I have flashed the Profilux (with help from my computer guru) and am back up and running.
a few important things I realised tonight.
*carry out a firmware update on Profilux with everything disconnected except power and RS232 cable
*if using a windows 7 machine make sure its got a com card built in and is running 32 bit windows - no matter how many configurations and driver updates we did, the 64 bit machine with a USB - RS232 converter, just would not recognise the profilux during the flash - 1st try on the 32 bit machine with the com card, we sprung back to life.

First time I turned on Profilux Control with the updated firmware on the IIIex.. low and behold... there are the level sensors. You beauty!
So I have concluded that I had a bug in my previous firmware version on the Profilux.