PDA

View Full Version : My Profilux control 5.0.2.5 'bugs'

Gilles
25.08.2010, 08:16
Just started playing with Profilux control 5.0.2.5, here are some 'bugs' i found:

Processes / Timers screen:
- Remark: Even though i have updated my firmware and all settings where lost, the description of the timer(s) was still there. The dosing settings where gone, but the description remained. I think this should be cleared also...

- Bug: Make sure you are in a unused timer slot (or erased settings). Click auto dosing, check some days, click the "New" button. Click ok. Days checkboxes are cleared.

- Bug: Add an entry (i had: man. dosing, 18:00, 10ml) Click the "Add new" button, simply click ok, so you have 0:00 and 18:00. Select the first item (0:00), click delete. It deletes 18:00 and not 0:00. So it deletes the wrong one.

- Wish: Create a button 'DOSE NOW' which doses the selected timer slot and the dosage. (after confirmation?)

Also please see my 'wish' for improvement of the light screen here:
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?2760-improvement-Illumination-screen

Mathias-Steffen
26.08.2010, 07:14
Thanks for your feedback. We are working on PLC6, so please give us a little time... :)

Gilles
27.08.2010, 10:14
p.s. when Profilux starts for the first time, you have to choose a language. I allready had Profilux open (didn't wait for the setup to finish) and when i press "Abbrechen" it still starts. Furthermore i think it is better to default to english the first time, since the product is so globally distributed?

Mathias-Steffen
27.08.2010, 13:44
PLC6 is a completly new Software, not only an small update. So it will be completly redesigned in function and optics...

We want to include as many wishes as useful. But we can`t promise.

boboxx
27.08.2010, 14:05
or the software could be presented to the client (us) by looking up the OS LCID

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb964664.aspx

akatar
28.08.2010, 09:44
maybe the software/firmware can check for updates? that the profilux let you know that there is an update (on screen or mail)

Mathias-Steffen
28.08.2010, 13:20
The new software will startup with the language of the pc os, but it will still be possible to change it manually...

Software-Updates of PLC are planned to do automatically, firmwareupdates not. But our new Customer Center will be integrated, so everyone will have the chance to directly load new FW-Updates, see news or just look into our FAQ....

But i cant tell you more at the moment, because we are still doing development...