PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 502h Crashed while updating...some questions

rostato
19.08.2010, 03:14
Ok, so I have learned a valuable lesson here...READ the latest threads on this forum before updating the firmware.

I have been having problems with my LAN connection dropping out, and not allowing the iPhone app to pull data properly. So I decided at 9:30 last night to do a firmware update. Well I negated to read the forum, and didin't realize that I needed to remove all the plugs from the P3, and it crashed.

Now, I found the flasher program, and read the instructions, but from what I have gathered, I have to use a USB-RS232 adaptor to reflash the P3. Correct?

Because when I try it over USB (with the proper comm port) I get error 6. And, yes I am plugging it in within 1-2 seconds. I had to remove the P3 from my stand which is not easy (my fault), especially when trying not to be loud so late at night.

Also, is it normal for the P3 to show ZERO signs of life when plugged in? I mean nothing, no lights front or back...nothing.

So basically this sucks. My tank now has no lights, top off, heating, cooling, or anything. I just have the return pump, and skimmer running. I really hope the temp doesnt swing and kill off everything. It's HOT here in GA.

Oh, and now I need to find an RS232 cable, and hope it works...:(

Wirus
19.08.2010, 06:18
Hi,

Also, is it normal for the P3 to show ZERO signs of life when plugged in? I mean nothing, no lights front or back...nothing.

Yes that´s normal for a dead / wrong flashed PL3

Hope you can reactivate it, see also http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?1274-ProfiLux-3-What-to-do-in-the-case-a-firmware-update-failed

Good luck & greetings,
Wirus

rostato
19.08.2010, 17:17
Whew! Got it fixed today with a Dynex USB-RS232 adaptor from Best Buy. The great thing is that the driver that came with it worked flawlessly on Win7 64 bit. I heard people were having problems with 64 bit systems and the drivers, but it worked for me.

On a side note, I like the new profilux control.

rostato
19.08.2010, 17:26
Never mind...sorry

BoyScout
19.08.2010, 19:21
My Profilux died too - i was updating via USB...

Markus

rostato
19.08.2010, 19:27
Apparently you are supposed to disconnect your power bars from the profilux prior to updating the firmware over USB. I did not have problems prior to this update, but I think that is what happened to me.