PDA

View Full Version : Monitoring / controlling profilux from home automation

ISMANU
17.08.2010, 22:40
I am a programmer for a company that does automation system installs (mostly comercial) and I am going to put a system in my home. I am interested in connecting the Profilux to this systems. it controlls devices using 232/ir protocals. When I saw that you made your information avalable to developers I knew this was the system for me. I have looked through the threads and see what is avalible via the web server but I am looking to make it a part of the system without have the system goto a website to show the status.

So I guess the question is can I get the 232 strings to monitor and control thru my system.

Thank you for your help

Mathias-Steffen
18.08.2010, 07:11
Technically this should be no problem. you can control almost every funcion via RS232 - writing and reading.

What you need is the CodeDoc with all Codes for R/W access and the protocoll documentation.

But if you want to talk about a kind of cooperation, i would recommend to contact our general manager directly, to clear your questions. :)

ISMANU
18.08.2010, 20:09
Thank you for the info. So how doe I get the codedoc and how do I contact your GM to talk about a co-op my plan was to just write something for my home but I would be more than willing to share the code. I am sure there are other people with the AMX home control system who have fish tanks but have no Idea that it is possible to monitor and control their tank using the profilux and AMX combo in a seamless combination.

I believe when I setup my account I said admins could email me but if you need my email to send me the info let me know and I will post it for you.

Thank you again for your help,

Mathias-Steffen
19.08.2010, 05:41
We have a developer section in this forum, where you can find all infos, when you are in the "developer" user group.

Please just write to "info@ghl-kl.de" giving us a little more information about your project and we will put you on this group.

You can contact our GM over this way, too. We will forward your mail to him.

ISMANU
19.08.2010, 05:59
Thank you I will send the email:cool:

boboxx
19.08.2010, 11:46
It should be easy to do, I have been doing Crestron for a while and it would be easy to integrate... even easier now with the communication that we have with the P3.