PDA

View Full Version : Problems with PLM-DALI card v1.00

Gilles
07.08.2010, 11:35
Hello,

Repost support ticket here since Carolin told me i had to post it here:

My PIII (ser: 910052001) fw 5.01 has some issues with DALI (card versoin 1.00). I have 4x Osram Quicktronic intelligent QTi DALI 1x35/48/80w connected right now. Finding and numbering was no problem.

1) I had difficulty assigning the dimming curves but at the end it worked.
2) Sometimes it does not update the dimming level of the light, even though it shows up at the correct dimming level in PIII software.
3) If i change the slider nothing happens, it looks like the command is not send to the card.
4) If i activate or deactive manual override, it does not change anything. Only if i disconnect power and reconnect the power to the lights it gets updated. Sometimes i also have to restart PIII.

For instance: yesterday at 22:00 my lights should have been off but they were still on. I had to reset my lights (happened more then once allready).

Please advise since at this point it is not working like it should.

GHL Support
09.08.2010, 07:05
Hi Gilles,

this should not happen. Even if one command (e.g. Illumination = 0%, means light off) isn't transmitted or received correctly, the ProfiLux send the command again after a second.
Could you check the wiring of your DALI bus wires? Is this also happen, if you connect only 2 DALI lamps on the DALI bus?

Gilles
09.08.2010, 08:13
Hi Frank, Yesterday i had to 'reset' my lights again (meaning unplug power). If i replug the power then the light gets updated within a second.

It only happens to lights 3 & 4 (as far as i see now...). I have replaced the EVG's 3 & 4 with 'new' ones but this does not solve anything.

Do you suggest i send you the Dali card for checking? I only connected it a week ago but had it since it was released. Maybe i have an 'old' version?

p.s. i also did a firmware upgrade but this also does not solve the issue.

GHL Support
09.08.2010, 14:45
Hi Gilles,

if the FW-update hasn't solved the problem, yes, please send the card to us for checking.