PDA

View Full Version : Saltwater Conductivity Problems Since Firmware Update

scriptdaddy
05.08.2010, 18:01
I updated the firmware on my Profilux II EX to the latest level and since then my Conductivity probe will not calibrate.

The ADC values are 018 and 018.

Checked the probe and can see no damage to the probe, cable or BNC connector. Doesn't look like any physical damage to the port either.

When I performed my update I went from 4.04 to 5.02g (or close to that) and left the probes connected.

After performing a factory reset the ADC values are now 018 and 024, which I still think is low. Other thing I did was that I calibrated it with the FM reference solution which has a level of 53 rather than 50. I did adjust the value setting of the solution used for ADC 2 (upped it from 50 to 53).

The Salinity values also bounces around from 21-22. They do not stay stable.

Any help would be great.

GHL Support
06.08.2010, 07:11
I don't think this is a hardware problem either.

First thing to check:
Is your ProfiLux reported as a ProfiLux II eX? You can see it, if you connect ProfiLuxControl at the main page (Type).

Second:
Is your conductivity sensor input set to the right type? For salt water it shall be Cond(S). You can set it at ProfiLux in Menu Sensor settings->Conduct.( )->Measurem. range

Third:
Did you follow the callibration instructions closely? Perhaps forgot accidently to save the new values?