PDA

View Full Version : ATO help

MAXreefer
24.04.2009, 15:17
Before I do something wrong maybe you could help me or give me some suggestions for my ATO.

I have:
Profilux II Ex
GHL Float Switch level Sensor
GHL optical Level Sensor
Aqualifter for pumping the fresh water
I DON'T have the splitter cable but I guess I can connect one sensor to port1 and the other sensor to Port3 ??

What I would like to do:
The mechanical float sensor should turn ON the aqualifter pump when the water level in the sump is to low and turn OFF the pump when the desired level is achieved again.

The optical Level sensor would be my safety net. I would place this one a little higher as the mechanical one and if for some reason the mechanical one fails and the water reaches the level the optical one is monitoring the aqualifter pump need to be shut OFF

My questions:
I plug the Aqualifter pump in a socket on the digital powerbar?
What settings do I use to achieve the scenario I described above?

Thanks for any input
Michael

Matthias
01.05.2009, 08:41
you set the mode for level 1 to "ATO with 2 sensors" and chose the function "water 1" for the powerbar socket in question

but you must use level 1 and 2 for this redundant mode -> splitter is necessary

MAXreefer
01.05.2009, 15:09
Thanks Matthias.

I had a look at those cables.
Are they the same as those PC splitter cables where you can for example use mouse and keyboard on one port?

Matthias
03.05.2009, 10:55
no, they look the same (actually it is a moodified PC-splitter cable) but they have different pin assignments

MAXreefer
03.05.2009, 15:36
no, they look the same (actually it is a moodified PC-splitter cable) but they have different pin assignments

Thanks for your reply Matthias. I will get the modded one.