PDA

View Full Version : ATO Help

richard.mayo
01.08.2010, 17:37
I know there are a few threads on this topic but none answered my question

1) If im using the "ATO with 2 Sensors" setting do i need to buy the splitter to get 2 sensors on the Level 1 / 2 port??
2) Is this splitter something special or can i get one from a PC place (PS2 splitter for Keyboard + Mouse)
3) Can someone explain to me about the "Leak Detection" mode
4) I have a contactless sensor but not working, is it best to use a Optical and Float or 2 Opticals or 2 Floats?

Thanks

xiaan
02.08.2010, 19:21
1) Yes
2) It is special
3) Will set into an alarm state if the sensor is on to long
4) I think ether Optical and Float or 2 Floats work best.

richard.mayo
04.08.2010, 08:04
OK so this is my plan, will it work

3 sensors

Level 1 and 2 = "ATO with 2 Sensors"
Level 3 = "Leak Detection"

Thinking Level 1 is a optical and Level 2 and 3 as floaters

Am i right in thinking that Level 1 will switch a socket on (pump) and then when the water level hits Level 2 it will switch the pump off on the same socket???

Thanks in advance

GHL Support
04.08.2010, 13:54
Am i right in thinking that Level 1 will switch a socket on (pump) and then when the water level hits Level 2 it will switch the pump off on the same socket???
ATO with two sensors works the way that 2 sensors are used to recognize the same water level for a higher savety.
The way you describe it, you would have to use the mode Min/Max.

richard.mayo
17.08.2010, 10:19
2) It is special

This is not correct, ive just purchased this cable and was extremely angry to find out it has a mouse and keyboard logo on it.....

richard.mayo
18.08.2010, 10:43
so which is level 1 and level 2, the mouse or keyboard

Matthias
19.08.2010, 07:25
This is not correct, ive just purchased this cable and was extremely angry to find out it has a mouse and keyboard logo on it.....
this is not a standard mouse/keyboard splitter! the internal wiring is different!
don't get confused by the logo printed there - these plugs come only with these logos

Matthias
19.08.2010, 07:27
so which is level 1 and level 2, the mouse or keyboard

mouse = level 1

richard.mayo
25.08.2010, 00:48
OK so i have the following parts, can someone tell me (or point me in the direction of an existing thread) on how to set this thing up

Optical Sensor
Float Sensor
Splitter Cable
PL-LF-BASE holder and the 2 parts to hold the sensors.

I just want to know what all the settings are i have to use in the software to setup a fully automated ATO

Thanks

richard.mayo
25.08.2010, 23:37
anyone?

This is what i have done so far. Put the Optical sensor on the mouse (level 1) and the Floater on keyboard (level 2) then made Level 1 in the software as "ATO with 2 sensors" but what do i make level 2, at the moment its "not enabled".
Then what function do i allocate to the controllable socket to turn the pump on and off.

richard.mayo
27.08.2010, 07:16
im getting an alarm on Level 1 even though the water lever is covering the optical sensor (horizontal)

GHL Support
27.08.2010, 08:04
This is what i have done so far. Put the Optical sensor on the mouse (level 1) and the Floater on keyboard (level 2) then made Level 1 in the software as "ATO with 2 sensors" but what do i make level 2, at the moment its "not enabled".
This is correct. In this operation mode, sensor 1 and 2 work together. The mode has only to be set for level 1, then it is also automatically set for sensor 2. So "not enabled" is correct because it doesn't have its own mode.

Then what function do i allocate to the controllable socket to turn the pump on and off.
It has to be set to "Water 1".

GHL Support
27.08.2010, 08:10
im getting an alarm on Level 1 even though the water lever is covering the optical sensor (horizontal)
Please check if the maximum on-time of the socket had been exceeded, this could have caused the alarm.

richard.mayo
27.08.2010, 08:14
Please check if the maximum on-time of the socket had been exceeded, this could have caused the alarm.

How do i check that?

GHL Support
27.08.2010, 08:24
Please look which time you set as max. on-time for this socket. If this socket is longer switched on as the set max. on-time (filling water into the aquarium),
then an alarm is caused and the socket is deactivated for security reasons. Perhaps it makes sense to set a longer time if this was the cause. You can reset the alarm if you go into the menu level at the Profilux.