PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Dosing Pumps Help

steviet
29.07.2010, 20:07
After all the issues with firmware I knew I would be asking this.

I set up the dosing pump per the instructions, ie connected to Western socket S5-8, disconnected the digital plug bar and (via System\Socket Functions\ Program digital plugbar or dosing unit) programmed the pumps to be numbered 7-10 so they dont conflict with the plugbar.
To test I set "Activate Manual Overide" and went to each socket and manually switched each on, to my surprise they were sockets 5-8 not 7-10 as programmed. I did it again exactly the same result, what am I doing wrong now?

boboxx
29.07.2010, 20:33
you have to enable digital powerbar connected to S5-S8 or you can connect in in series on the S1-S4

the doser is a digital device that can be programmed

steviet
29.07.2010, 21:11
If I connect in series so the digital powerbar is connected to S1-4 and the doser is plugged in to the powerbar, the System\Socket Functions\ Program digital plugbar or dosing unit tells you to disconnect the device not being programmed ie the powerbar.

Or should I connect the doser to S1-4 and plug the powerbar into the doser

boboxx
29.07.2010, 21:52
fist thing to do is the digital address them... so connect them one at a time to S1-S4 and assign them a number that will not be overlaping!

you could set the pups 1-4 and the Digital powerbar could be 5-10, if it's a PAB digital powerbar you have to do the same but on the PAB connection... it dosent mater with witch one you start just as long as you dont overlap the #

I have 2x PAB Digital power bar #1 1-6, #2 7-12, doser #1 S14-S17, doser#2 S18-21

steviet
29.07.2010, 22:01
Thank you once again my friend, now I have a headache but at last its all working and I understand it now better than I ever did.
Which country are you in because I owe you a large beer

steviet
29.07.2010, 22:20
One last question (Wirus I promise I read it 3 times)

On Auto dosing: if I want to dose 100ml per day and to split the dose over 5 times in the day (dosings per day) would I set the Rate per dosing as 20ml

boboxx
30.07.2010, 02:18
I'm in NB, Canada! I'm glad it work and that you are starting to understand your new toy :P

For the auto dossing, yes that is correct, the profilux will distribute "when" in will do it, but there will never be 2 pump running at the same time.

Also make sure you calibrate your pump. the easiest way I have found is to use the body of a large seringem (60+ml) and to use the graduation as a reading. I simply connnect and to a timer for 1min and read the messurement.