PDA

View Full Version : Can no longer connect to ProfiLux 3ex via LAN after upgrade to 5.02 firmware/software

RedWing
26.07.2010, 17:40
Hi,
I upgraded the software and firmware of my Profilux to the latest 5.025 software and 5.02g firmware. I am running Win7 on my home computer and XP on my notebook.

I can now no longer access the Profilux from the LAN. When the "Connect" button is clicked, I get "Connection to ProfiLux established successfully. Then a box pops up "Could not connect. Do you want to check the settigns now?"

The ProfiLux is listed on my router as: PROFILUX3_09 at address 192.168.2.118.

Other settings:
Port 10001
Search automatically (when put the actual address, same thing happens)
Device address 1
Timeout 5000 ms

I can connect successfully using the USB connection. I still cannot figure out how to set up my PAB Powerbar (the reason I did the upgrade). It is extremely frustratign because I had no problem connecting to the Profilux through the LAN before the updates.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Matthias
26.07.2010, 17:47
please check the LAN-settings of the ProfiLux (not talking about ProfiLuxControl)

Blahenazo
29.07.2010, 10:48
Hi,
I still cannot figure out how to set up my PAB Powerbar (the reason I did the upgrade). It is extremely frustratign because I had no problem connecting to the Profilux through the LAN before the updates.

Thanks in advance for your help!

PAB can't be configured from the PLC software you have to do it on the P3 itself. Once it's defined in the P3 you can start to use it in the PLC.

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?1395-Operation-of-PAB

boboxx
29.07.2010, 11:46
that's not true :P it can be configured from the "Remote Control" section now if you are running the latest firmware and PLC

RedWing
29.07.2010, 14:12
Thanks guys,

That did the trick. I had been using the Profilux for over a year prior to re-doing my tank and having to start over again. I did not realize there was a distinction between ProfiLux and the Control Software.

Back up and running again, although I had to reset the ProfiLux IP address on two consecutive days to do so. Hopefully it will hold now.

Cheers

Blahenazo
30.07.2010, 19:05
that's not true :P it can be configured from the "Remote Control" section now if you are running the latest firmware and PLC

yeah but from my p3 and plc the remote control just doesn't work. fw 5.02 and PLC 5.0.2.X.

I can see on the P3 the moving through the menus , but nothing on the PLC software that 'screen' stays blue. :)

Matthias
04.08.2010, 16:44
you need PLC 5.0.2.5 for remote control of P3