PDA

View Full Version : virtual probe limits ?

tekfreak
26.07.2010, 01:19
Hello Matthias

Is it correct that i can only create one virtual sensor if i have seven (1xtemp, 2xpH, 2xCond, 1xRedox, 1xOxygen) "real" sensors already connected to my Profilux 3 eX (firmware 5.02g BETA) ?

In the manual, under virtual sensors, you have the following Hint:

"In total, 8 sensors can be administrated (sum of actually existing and virtual sensors)."

This is a huge limitation in this fantastic controller! I need at least room for about 8 virtual sensors on top of my existing seven before i can do what i want.

Is it possible to increase the number of virtual sensors in dense configured Profiluxes?

Matthias
26.07.2010, 17:33
this is an issue in the manual, PII has 8 sensors in sum, P3 has 32 sensors in sum

tekfreak
26.07.2010, 18:39
Thanks for answer Matthias

This is good and bad news.

The bad is that then there must be a firmware bug at least in firmware 5.02g BETA. I can only create one virtual sensor that behave correctly (on top of my seven real sensors). The second, third, fourth...... virtual sensor i create disappears after power off/on the Profilux 3 eX.

And more strange, before i power off the Profilux 3 eX and the virtual sensors disappear, the second, third, fourth.... newly created virtual sensors only display a static "current value" not mimic the original real sensor, and their control function is not working. The static value displayed is a copy from the real sensor value at the time i created the virtual sensor.

Is this a firmware bug?

Matthias
27.07.2010, 07:07
I must admit I never used so many virtual sensors - I will check this
if it is a bug it will be solved soon