PDA

View Full Version : ATI Power Module used for moonlights?

shaggss
26.07.2010, 00:53
Hi All

I have the dimmable ATI PM 8 x 24 running through the Profilux Plus II controller. As I'm sure you know there is two ballasts, one drives 6 tubes, the other drives 2. Could I use the two tubes for moonlighting or do I need the Profilux LED stick?

Thanks to all in advance.

shaggss
02.08.2010, 00:41
can anyone help with this? Thanks

xiaan
02.08.2010, 19:17
I do not see why you can't do it with the profilux but I think that the two bulbs are too powerful for moon lighting (Unless you set them to really low like 10% and the moon phase would fluctuate the lighting from 0% to 10%) and you will not get the nice shimmer effect that you would if you used the LED sticks (also no red or lightning)

Blahenazo
04.08.2010, 18:38
Yeah don't use Bulbs for your moonlight. Use leds.
and if I may say , a bright moon light is something for HUMANS, not fish => so Don't set it too bright, your fish will be alot more calm and will sleep more.

It's easy to test. Put your moonlight very bright and your fish will keep swimming around , if you make it alot darker they will 'sleep' more => hide between de rocks.

BigAl07
05.08.2010, 02:09
Hi All

I have the dimmable ATI PM 8 x 24 running through the Profilux Plus II controller. As I'm sure you know there is two ballasts, one drives 6 tubes, the other drives 2. Could I use the two tubes for moonlighting or do I need the Profilux LED stick?

Thanks to all in advance.
Can you do that? Yes of course you can.:p

Would that be your best option? Probably not. :eek:

Even at their dimmest setting I suspect they'll still be a good deal brighter than the "average" moonlight night. Granted when the moon is at it's fullest phase on a cloudless night it's REALLY bright but the rest of the time it's much less.

If you really want to see some WOW from the GHL ProfiLux go for the
ProfiLuxSimu-L - dimmable LED-light, sunrise + moon + thunderstorm, stick
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System__E_/Products/Illumination_technics/LED_lamps/led_lamps.html

you'll have Sunrise, Sunset, EVERY phase of the moon and some sweet LIGHTNING! This is the one item that HOOKED me on the GHL ProfiLux system.

shaggss
08.08.2010, 14:46
thanks to all, much appreciated! I have the 24 x 8 ATI PM, where and hoe have you mounted the LED Simu-L stick?

Thanks again!

Cheers

BigAl07
08.08.2010, 21:47
thanks to all, much appreciated! I have the 24 x 8 ATI PM, where and hoe have you mounted the LED Simu-L stick?

Thanks again!

Cheers

I don't have that unit so my input isn't very fixture specific but I actually drilled my T5/MH fixture and used "Self Tapping" sheet metal screws to attach it.