PDA

View Full Version : Controlling Aqua Illumination not working

wesheltonj
17.07.2010, 17:02
Ai light seem to be flickering & flashing (not like a storm).

Ai light after storm keeps on flashing lighting after the storm is over (2 modules, 2 modules not)

Ai light shows on the screen ch 1 0%, but is actually on 100%
Ai light shows on the screen ch 2 2% and light is at 2%

Matthias
18.07.2010, 08:25
We didn't change anything in any of the 5.xx versions in regards to Aqua Illumination control. I guess your settings were reset during update and the settings are not correct now.

lalasfish
18.07.2010, 13:49
I had similar flickering of the last module in the chain when using manual illumination and then from 25% going to 100% it started flickering......

this flickering frequency seems to be the same as the one that the communication port is doing ... ( i can see all modules comm light flicker at night when there is no lights on ... which means they all communicate with the controller )
i restarted the Profilux and now all is working OK.....

A nice feature to have is a reboot function from the software
(i guess i'm too lazy to go all the way down to the basement and do that by taking plug out of the controller and back on :) )

I will wait a bit until i update the firmware because LEDs are the only source of lights i have for my reef ... total of 8 modules .... Best buy i have ever made and also the controller is By far the best for the AI lights...

lalasfish
25.07.2010, 15:55
Just upgraded to latest version

No issues with My Aquaillumination LED lights..... All seem to work just fine.

Note 1: I Started Upgrading via USB and failed during writing ....... resulting a black screen.... almost had a heart attack !!
Followed instructions and flashed with the flasher software..... it worked just fine :) thank god
Note 2 : I have blackout delay on my ATO pump for 20 minutes ...... when i was doing this upgrade the level of sump was a bit low and switchable socket in level menu was activated ...... BUT because of the blackout delay i was having level alarm ...... can i do something to prevent this from happening again??

christos