PDA

View Full Version : Interested in ProfiLux

Luisagos
22.02.2009, 14:56
Wow, i been following Xenon question from RC, thats what I call service on a Weekend. :cool:

Notch on the Profilux column versa the RKE.
Still debating on which one to get. :confused:

subshop
22.02.2009, 15:36
Notch on the Profilux column versa the RKE.
Still debating which one to get. :confused:

No question about it !!! :D I have researched a lot of controllers. My Ptofilux has been up and running only a month or so and I have not yet to utilize its full potential. Nevertheless, you will not be disappointed. Their customer service alone is wonderful. I have to say that the wording used for programming makes it a little difficult to follow. Guess its a question of getting use to it. I understand that some sort of programming logic manual will be available soon Matthias or Michael will have to chime in. Good Luck, Neil.

aqua_digital
22.02.2009, 15:46
Hiya

I will only talk here about the ProfiLux as i dont get into debates about other controllers.

So if you are looking for a controller that is

1. Rock solid in reliability not one single reported bug or issues,
2. A product that has consistant releases of new add ons and software.
3. Globally supported even at the weekends
4. Future proof - meaning when the profilux III comes out you are not left with a superceded controller, you can upgrade the Plus II to become a PIII
5. More add on available now than pretty much all the competition
6. German designed built (including parts) with a track record of flawless functionality.
7. Internet ready, and I dont just mean look and monitor, I mean full on 100% control anywhere in the world (LAN card required).

I could go on :)

One thing to also remember, GHL ProfiLux is a global product not just North America, like 90% of the controllers on the market, with that comes a user base beyond anything else and the support that comes with such a product will always be above most other closed market products.

I rest my case me honour :)

Luisagos
22.02.2009, 16:18
Sorry xenon for hijacking your thread :(

I will try to start a new thread, because what your are doing does interest me too.

aqua_digital
22.02.2009, 16:21
No problem

Matthias can you move the "interested in purchasing" questions to the misc section. We can continue the topic there :)

aqua_digital
22.02.2009, 18:16
Thanks Matthias ;)

Luisagos
22.02.2009, 18:45
Yay! Thank you Matthias!

Not sure where to start.

I guess I start at the data logging of the Profilux.

My intention is to run my computer 24/7 connected using the LAN card.
From what I understand Profilux does not automatically save the data points to the computer?
And once the Profilux runs out of memory it will start reusing the last saved points? How many points can it save till it runs out of memory?

Is there anyone running any scripts to automatically save the data points to the computer?
How big can the data base be and how many different points can it work with?

How does the chart graphs look like? Can it be time reference.
I am spoiled at work, I use SCADA Software to monitor and control 10 MGD Plant.
Saving, Displaying and Using the information is the key in running a success operation.
I believe the same applies for a Aquarium Tank. I understand Profilux III is around the corner so I will consider that too, but I really need to be sure that when I spend 1k$ I get what I paid for. I just sold my Aqua III that I just brought 2 month ago. I want to make sure I don't have to do that again.

BTW, I can buy Profilux II Plus EX with LAN, ORP and Salinity & Conductivity Electrode for less then 1k$ new. :D

aqua_digital
22.02.2009, 19:00
The features you require will be embedded into the PIII so buying into the PII now and then getting the discount on the PIII upgrade for sure would be the way to go, unless you feel you can wait for the PIII launch.

In regards to price, the only thing I can add is have a look at the online dealers prices and calculate what you require, taking into account the special prices being offered now.

wesheltonj
22.02.2009, 19:08
Let me tell why I went with the GHL over the RKE controller. I was only interested in controlling my AI light. So the Light II was all I really needed, I had a American Pinpoint to control pH. When I contacted RKE about their AI control, it did not do half as much as the GHL did. Then when they offered the Beginners package at Christmas cheap, that made the decision between the light II and the full Controller, it worked $ wise out after selling the Pinpoint.

Ken250
24.02.2009, 19:15
For charting, it's probably easiest to import the data in MS Excel... I keep a running graph of pH, Redox, Temp and Salinity.

It's pretty straightforward - simply save the data from the ProfiLux Control to a designated folder and then in Excel use the data import option...

Luisagos
24.02.2009, 21:45
Has anyone written a script to automate the saving process because from what I understand Profilux does not auto save the information.

Matthias
25.02.2009, 08:40
I think there are some who did so, but the new version of ProfiLuxControl will be able to store the data automatically in a file periodically

Luisagos
25.02.2009, 08:50
I think there are some who did so, but the new version of ProfiLuxControl will be able to store the data automatically in a file periodically

I think that would be a cool file to have now, to hold us over till the New software comes out. ;)