PDA

View Full Version : How to mount Opto Level holder

Peter Schmiedel
03.07.2010, 10:19
Hi!

I'm getting nuts here and guess I'm maybe missing one part. How die these parts fit together to built to horizontal holder needed for this sensor ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/reefsafe/Project%20250x100x70/IMG_1327.jpg

Thanks for any advice !

Cheers
Peter

Matthias
03.07.2010, 14:16
Hi,

this picture shows how to assemble it:
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System/PL-LevelFastener_150x478.png

if the sensor should be mounted horizontally then the angled bracked has to be used rather than the flat plate.

lalasfish
05.07.2010, 12:26
Have been trying to fugure this out for months and i just gave up.....
I am sure there must be one plastic pulley missing from the kit or i'm very very stupid ..... there is no way you can fasten that angled kit you bought on the base unit....... unless you have a plastic pulley to fasten the third piece you show in the picture to the angled piece and have the optical level sensor ( the version with the black nose ) horizontally.....

i have made my own angled sensor using the provided parts from the base unit and the angled kit i bought but it is nowhere near as the picture Mattias posted.....

if you want i can take a picture of my setup

cheers

christos

Peter Schmiedel
12.07.2010, 01:40
Christos,

actually it is rather easy after I received a key information:

You use either the part with the angel OR the other part !

In my case the additional problem was that one nut was missing. GHL sent it to me even free of charge - very nice !

lalasfish
12.07.2010, 12:14
You are right !! i figured it out that one.... the thing is that in order to fasten the angled bracket Or the straight one you still need a plastic pulley to tighten it to the gland ... the top part of the gland tightens to the plexiglass tube and the bottom pulley - that is missing ----tightens the angled piece.....my kit did not have any ( and i have ordered 2 of these kits just to be sure that i was going to assemble it right ) ..... another thing is that the hole of the angled piece is a bit small and cannot fit into the gland.... i iused a small file to open the hole a bit in order to prevent damaging the threads of the gland...
if one is missing this plastic pulley there are plenty of them at electric supply stores :)

cheers
Christos

Peter Schmiedel
14.07.2010, 13:26
Christos,

one ore thing I found our trying is that one of the nuts you need is already mounted on the sensor ! So use that one to fix the sensor to the bracket and the big nut to mount the bracket to the holder on the plexi tube.

I really don't understand why a simple explosion view is not add to the packaging - would make user so much more happy and such a cheap quick win for GHL

Cheers
Peter

lalasfish
14.07.2010, 23:07
its that bih nut i'm missing :) :) that mounts the angled plastic to the base unit ......

Some say RTFM But WFT is it??? simple things make our life difficult :) :)

:D

richard.mayo
25.08.2010, 06:38
OK ive just brought this and cant figure it out... how hard is it to put a A4 bit of paper with some diagrams on it?!?!?!

How do i attach this to the tank??

Can someone post a picture of how it attaches to the tank/sump.

richard.mayo
25.08.2010, 11:24
Ive just herd that GHL are no longer making the PL-LF-S12 and only making the angled one, why is it better to have the optical sensor horizontal rather than vertical?

Peter Schmiedel
25.08.2010, 15:56
The optical sensor of the actual line must be place horizontally !

richard.mayo
25.08.2010, 21:56
Why?!?!

In the picture above the optical sensor is not horizontal??

Wirus
25.08.2010, 22:00
Why?!?!

GHL has found that vertical mounting can cause a prob due the last drop on the sensor (taken from german part of the forum)

In the picture above the optical sensor is not horizontal??

It´s an old one.

richard.mayo
25.08.2010, 23:34
OK thanks people.

millenniumpilot
26.08.2010, 06:52
Hi Peter,

The optical sensor of the actual line must be place horizontally !

The optical sensor of the actual line should be place horizontally.

Gruß Dirk

jonnybravo22
14.09.2010, 00:46
I can't figure out how to mount this. I have the new horizontal positioned sensor. Can someone show a picture of the horizontal mount?

GHL Support
14.09.2010, 08:39
The sensor has to "look" to the base stick.

jonnybravo22
14.09.2010, 13:21
The sensor has to "look" to the base stick.

sorry that doesnt help make it clear to me. can you post a picture of the proper setup for the horizontal sensor mount/

jump
24.01.2011, 13:22
Picture of the angled mount

boboxx
24.01.2011, 13:35
put the sensor in the small (I think) the put the gland in the big hole and attache it with teh nut under neat.... slide onto the assembly bar

shardyl
11.12.2011, 21:52
Im lost!

doggydoc10
11.12.2011, 22:44

This is how I have it attached to the overflow. In my case I am using it as a sensor just in case overflow level goes up.
I just posted another pic on another thread here of the bottom part of the sensor/bracket.
Hope that helps.
It was NOT an easy task to assemble it so don't feel bad. Ask away.

shardyl
11.12.2011, 23:11
Yeah I was kind of thinking I was a total douche!

This is how I have it now but the top looks different to yours. are you mounting it differently?

doggydoc10
11.12.2011, 23:21
I think the bottom bracket that holds the sensor you need to mount it the other way around. Look at my pic and see that I have the sensor "under" the black plastic cover. Kimd of like a "little roof" overthrow sensor. I believe that's to keep water from accumulating on top and to have water flow toward the sides.
But I am sure the gurus will input here to correct me if I am wrong.

shardyl
11.12.2011, 23:26
Oh i see what you mean

Ill change that now

Thanks man!