PDA

View Full Version : Scanning for Profilux.........

Emperor Angel
01.07.2010, 11:58
Hi

The profilux software no longer seems to be stable, as everytime I connect to the profilux, the "Scanning for Profilux" message pops up every couple of seconds..... This means that inevitably I cannot change any setting without going down to my profilux and connecting the USB/Serial port. Another adverse effect is that I can no longer use the LAN to monitor my profilux.

My profilux is running the latest firmware, and I am running the latest software. I have tried the software on WinXP, Vista, and Windows 7, all with the same results...........

I have trolled the forums but can't seem to find a solution to the problem - Is everyone else experiencing the same issues?????

PLEASE HELP!!! My Fishies will love you for it :)

Coralleida
03.07.2010, 00:25
Which cables or types of connections have you used?

Matthias
03.07.2010, 14:09
"Scanning for Profilux" appears when you try to connect over LAN and you don't use static IPs but enabled "search automatically"

please assign the ProfiLux a static IP which is not already occupied by another device in your home network and set the ProfiLuxCOntrol connection settings accordingly

UliH
04.07.2010, 08:19
"Scanning for Profilux" appears when you try to connect over LAN and you don't use static IPs but enabled "search automatically"

please assign the ProfiLux a static IP which is not already occupied by another device in your home network and set the ProfiLuxCOntrol connection settings accordingly

I assigned a static IP but every once in a while it starts scannng. If it does so it never finds anything. The next time everything is fine again. This stated after updating to 5.01c. It doesn't bother me too much since I use Reefstatus for monitoring the fishtank which is working flawless with 5.01c.