PDA

View Full Version : Activating digital connecting

MartinS
28.06.2010, 19:12
Hello Profilux-users,

I have a question about using the digital connection for the dosingunit.

On S1-S4 I have connected a standard STDL-4 powerbar. On S5-S8 a 4 unit dosingunit. I want to use the digital connection for the dosingunit.

When I want to activate digital control on S5-S8 via PLC 5.0.1.1 I get a warning: if an STDL-4 is connected on S1-S4 (like I have) it will be damaged.
(Can someone please explain why it will be damaged? I really want to understand it.)

So I thought: connect the dosingunit on S1-S4 and the standard powerbar on S5-S8. This results in the same warning: if a standard powerbar is connected on S1-S4 it will be damaged.

I suppose this implicates that this combination can work but is this true?
So what is the correct way to connect the dosingunit digitally and the STDL-4 non digital?

The latest programming guide (FW 5.00) only describes a digital connection on S1-S4. So I think it's not up to date. Or have I overlooked something?

MartinS
29.06.2010, 19:22
Isn't there anyone who knows the answer to this question..? :(

Kugelfisch
29.06.2010, 19:47
Hello,

you have to connect the digital dosing unit on S1-S4 and the standard powerbar on S5-S8. Only S1-S4 can be activated and used for digital outlets.

Kai

MartinS
29.06.2010, 20:32
Hello kugelfisch,

Thanks for your reply.

You said only S1-S4 can be configured for digital connections but in PLC 5.0.1.1 S5-S8 can be configured the same way.

So I want to be really sure how to connect both units and keep them both healthy and working properly in this changed/updated (FW en PLC) environment. The warnings prevent me from changing these settings.
As I wrote earlier, unfortunately the latest manual doesn't give the answer.

Kugelfisch
29.06.2010, 21:50
Hallo Martin,

you are right. In PLC 5.0.1.1 you can activate S1-S4 and/or S5-S8 for digital communication. You can damage a non-digital-powerbar, if you activate the digital connection for this. The German information in the message box -concerning this matter- is clear.

I think you don't read the message correctly:

If you activate S1-S4 to digital communication, the message box warns, that a non-digital-powerbar on S1-S4 can be damaged.

If you activate S5-S8 to digital communication, the message box warns, that a non-digital-powerbar on S5-S8 can be damaged.

MartinS
29.06.2010, 23:13
Hi kugelfisch. Thanks for your reply.

Underneath the English message that appears when S5-S8 is selected for digital connection.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s52/Tornadorot/Digitalpowerbarwarning.jpg

I've tried to change the language setting of PLC to German, but despite saving this setting and restarting PLC, it's keeps talking in English...

But do I understand it right that the same warningbox in German speaks twice about S5-S8 in this matter?

Matthias
30.06.2010, 06:31
thanks for the hint - this typo error will be fixed in a new PLC version

MartinS
30.06.2010, 11:09
Matthias,

Thanks for the confirmation. The dosingunit is now digitally connected.