PDA

View Full Version : PFconfig programme???

jamessrich
22.06.2010, 21:13
anyone used this to cofigure port forwarding to allow you to access the p3 for a external source?

i have a netgear dgn2000 router, but am unsure exactly how to set it up etc to allow me to have this external function

i have managed to be able to get to both the webserver and profilux control internally over wlan in my house but cant access from external

Blahenazo
22.06.2010, 21:32
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1770

jamessrich
22.06.2010, 22:14
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1770

that all goes over the topof my head!! lol :confused:

anyone using a netgear router!????!

Matthias
23.06.2010, 08:53
I have a netgear router DG834GB here, I guess the settings are always quite similar

these are my settings, maybe the menu names differ in your router

under "rules for firewall" I added one entry for incoming service: all services, target IP the IP of the ProfiLux

now if you don't have a static IP you have to get a dynamic DNS, enter these settings under "dynamic DNS" in the netgear router

jamessrich
23.06.2010, 13:17
thats all correct and still no joy

I have a netgear router DG834GB here, I guess the settings are always quite similar

these are my settings, maybe the menu names differ in your router

under "rules for firewall" I added one entry for incoming service: all services, target IP the IP of the ProfiLux

now if you don't have a static IP you have to get a dynamic DNS, enter these settings under "dynamic DNS" in the netgear router

Matthias
23.06.2010, 17:20
the default gateway setting in ProfiLux is also correct ? (must be the netgear IP)

jamessrich
03.07.2010, 17:48
right think im getting somewhere!

another user from here and UR - kindly did remote session to check settings etc etc - and all is setup ok

he belives it could well be my isp! did a search and my isp does not support port forwarding. there was a reply on the port forwarding question on that search, and it mentioned using a vpn!!

any know what i need to do here?

Matthias
04.07.2010, 09:58
what has this to do with the ISP?

port forwarding is managed by your netgear router, if an request from "Outside" (Internet) for the port 10001 comes this request should be forwarded to the IP of the ProfiLux

are you able to access your netgear router from the internet at all? E.g. "ping" your dynamic DNS? (enable ping service temporarily for this test in the netgear)