PDA

View Full Version : Issues with my P3ex. Please Help

layer3switchguy
15.06.2010, 03:09
It's with major frustration I write this. As some of you may know, I've been having a very difficult time getting my P3ex working properly. Now it seems that one of my PAB's has set a timer routine and it turns on/off some sockets at random. This has caused my sump to flood twice, as my skimmer overflows and makes a mess of my fish room in the basement. I have tried everything to understand what is going on with the PAB. I have tried to control it with PLC, and it shows no timers or other functions being run. I have gone directly to the controller itself and done the same... Yet, half the sockets will not work properly.
Any idea what on earth is going on?

Matthias
15.06.2010, 05:53
we need some more information, otherwise it is not possible to help as you may imagine

what is the start numer of the powerbar in question?
what are the socket functions (a screenshot of the socket function table would be helpful)?

aqua_digital
15.06.2010, 13:36
Hi

I have been waiting your email as requested on reef central so i can offer you direct support, I have not yet received this. :confused:

As i said on the RC forum, the most likely reason for this skimmer issue is your programming of the feed pause you tried to do using programmable logic and or black out delays.

The only other remote possible chance would be the data lead (Cate5 cable) suffering from high voltage interference as it runs from your tank room down to the basement and for this reason I think it is best matthias supports you here and I am sure will get you up and running here in no time ;)

You have my MSN chat account also, so I am reachable directly every night.

layer3switchguy
20.06.2010, 03:26
Thanks to some awesome support from AQD, the issue has been resolved!

Thanks again!

Blahenazo
20.06.2010, 06:01
Care to explain what the issue was ?
because you went from 'why the **** I invested 2 K in this thing to a happy man' ( not that I'm surprised since GHL /support rocks )

aqua_digital
20.06.2010, 16:48
GHL can be a big learning curve ;)

Bill was using early release firmware and also the PAB devices were not addressed correctly. Some PL functions were also not programmed correctly or if they were due to the PAB not assigned were making the power bar switch when it was not expected to.

As I did not have access to a P3EX at the time to view his settings it was easier to do a complete factory restore and then set the PAB devices up correctly. Once done and with no PL functions now being present everything worked.

Bill can now move forward and re instate his PL functionality if still required ;)

(PL = Programmable Logic)

layer3switchguy
22.06.2010, 00:44
Yep, and everything is working great. PL logic has my tank doing exactly what I wanted for all of my pumps, chiller/heaters, etc...

I'm a very happy camper. Going to add salinity shortly, just need to buy the probe. :)