PDA

View Full Version : Is my optical sensor dead?

docwells
08.06.2010, 00:23
I am having problems with my optical sensor and am wondering if it dying and needs to be replaced. I have an optical sensor I use for auto top off. It controls a litermeter 3. I noticed 2 days ago that the sump water level was low. I took the optical sensor out of the sump and cleaned it, Thought it might be dirty. It was not. I checked my profilux and reset the level sensor. Afterwards the litermeter came on for about 5 seconds and then stopped. This is with the sensor out of the sump. It should have continued running. Well, I put it back in the sump and it never caused the litermeter to come back on. I even took the sensor out of the sump and no change now. I disconnected the sensor from the profilux and plugged it back in to make sure the connection was good. I plugged the litermeter into a regular outlet and it came on, so I know the problem is not there.

Is there anything else I can do or has my sensor had it? I am guessing the sensor is over 1 year old and out of warranty? I am not sure what the warranty length is. I will have to dig up my receipt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matthias
08.06.2010, 07:16
hi

there is only one safe way to check the function of the sensor:
on ProfiLux there is a menu "diagnosis" which shows you if the sensor has contact to water or not, an equal function is in ProfiLuxControl
with it you can see if the sensor reacts directly

if it is a warrantycase : this must be handled by your retailer, please contact him and understand that we can't give warranty support over forum

docwells
08.06.2010, 12:23
I will check the function later today.

I understand the warranty issues. I am not even sure it is still under warranty. I thought the warranty was 1 year. On that note, how do handle a warranty claim if the retailer you bought the sensor from is no longer selling Profilux products? How do you handle that case and who do you contact?

aqua_digital
08.06.2010, 13:15
If an item is under warranty and the dealer has also expired ;) contact the distributor, oh that would be me then :eek:

If it is less than one year (proof of purchase required) then its covered and just drop me an email.