PDA

View Full Version : Need Help FAST - Firmware update Plus II EX, v3.08 to 4.08

Oldtimer
06.06.2010, 22:05
I just downloaded v4.08 and it was successful, although the controller did not appear to reboot but instead flashed a message in German "einstellungen rueckgesetzt!!!" Translator says it means altitudes set back. So, I don't know what is going on here, but now I have no control of my system and need help fast!

I since tried unplugging and reconnecting power to the unit and it goes through it's checks and shows v4.08 installed and says all data is OK and factory settings restored, but I still have the flashing message mentioned earlier.

I thought perhaps I needed to connect the v4.08 Profilux Control software and upload the previous settings. I just did that and now the flashing message states "Settings were reset". I can view and edit values in the software, but the controller doesn't seem to be doing anything. All sockets on the digital power bar are not lit and none of my lighting is activated. I'm really confused!

My main reason for installing the new firmware was that v3.08 loses all settings after a power outage. I'm going on vacation in one week and I can't afford to have that risk. Please help since my system is currently running without control!

Oldtimer
06.06.2010, 22:51
Figured out how to resolve this. After I udpated the factory settings and typed the above message, I closed the program and walked away. I just had an idea to check some settings and when re-opening the program and trying to connect to the controller, I discovered a message that I saw when I initially opened the newly installed 4.08 Control software and clicked "connect". It said something like the settings had been reset possibly due to firmware update and asked me if I wanted to proceed anyway. The first time I said no. This time I selected yes since I had uploaded the settings prior. All is well now and the controller seems to be working fine. All I can say is that this is not as straight forward as it could be. A better set of instructions would be very helpful for firmware updates... more step by step defintion for us non firmware types!