PDA

View Full Version : clock ?

BigAl07
24.05.2010, 23:02
My P+II seems to lose at least 1/2 - 1 minute a day.

Any ideas? I try to manually update every day but sometimes I get behind so the "system" clock falls back daily.

Blahenazo
25.05.2010, 19:17
In germany you can use the DCF clock device to sync it to a time signal.

For non germany residents
Multiple users requested a time service like NTP-server on the P3.

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=2079

but it isn't there yet. Don't know if they can add it to the P2 (even if you have the lan card)

BigAl07
25.05.2010, 21:09
Is it normal for the "system" time to drift that much in a day's time?

Does the Profilux "Auto Synch" with the computer (laptop) after a period of time?

I just noticed last night that the ProfiLux time was almost 120 seconds "Off" (behind) my Laptop time. Is this something I need to be concerned with? I've confirmed that it's the Profilux that's losing time because I synched My laptop with my wife's laptop and our PC and they were all within 2 seconds of each other after 24 hrs.

GHL Support
26.05.2010, 07:21
Normaly this drift is unusual. But it is possible to set up a time correction in ProfiLux.
This parameter (corrections per day) can be found at Clock->Time&Date in the ProfiLux menu (not via PLC).

Perhaps this parameter set accidently to a false value?

I assume, that NTP isn't possible for PL2.

BigAl07
26.05.2010, 12:46
Thank you Frank. I'll look into it this evening hopefully. I guess I'll need to check the clock for several days consecutive to get a feel for "Exactly" how much drift and then set the "adjustment".

I'll report back as I know more.

Again thank you.
Allen