PDA

View Full Version : New Profilux User, Need Some Help Please!

layer3switchguy
24.05.2010, 02:12
Folks,

Sure could use some help here. I'm trying to get my new P3ex setup and working, and having a heck of a time. Here is what I have:

P3ex connected to my home network via LAN connection

2 PAB's - 1 is connected to directly to the P3, and the other connected through my expansion box in the basement where my sump is.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to setup the 1st PAB to control my Powermodule for the tanks photo-period, along with getting the temp and ph probe attached to the expansion box in the basement. I also want to be able to control remotely my skimmer, Tunze ATO and return pump so that I can turn them on/off as needed. I would also like to have the temp probe control two heaters to turn on/off at a set temp.

I've been playing around with the system, but still can't seem to get the hang of it, using the PC software. Is there a tutorial anyplace? I'd be grateful if someone could walk me through this!

Cheers...
L3

Matthias
24.05.2010, 09:06
we should go through this step by step

first step:
are all probes (or better probe inputs) recognized, are you able to identify them in ProfiLuxCOntrol?

layer3switchguy
24.05.2010, 13:27
we should go through this step by step

first step:
are all probes (or better probe inputs) recognized, are you able to identify them in ProfiLuxCOntrol?

Thanks so much for the reply... The only probe I have attached is the temp probe, which is connected to the expansion box. I don't see the probe using PLC.

Thanks,
L3

Matthias
24.05.2010, 13:50
did you attach the PAB-devices to the Profilux?
this would be the first step, described here:
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Download/Description_PAB_V500.pdf

layer3switchguy
24.05.2010, 14:18
did you attach the PAB-devices to the Profilux?
this would be the first step, described here:
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Download/Description_PAB_V500.pdf

Hi,

Yes, I think i did this correctly. Under system using the keypad on the P3 I can see the expansion box and the two PABS. However, I don't see them using PLC.

I'm at a total loss as to what I'm doing here! :)

BigAl07
24.05.2010, 14:35
Are you using the correct version of PLC to coordinate with your FW on the P3?

layer3switchguy
24.05.2010, 14:41
Hi, using PLC ver 5.0.0.12. Not sure what the FW versions are for the PABs and expansion box. Not even sure how to look that up. :eek:

BigAl07
24.05.2010, 14:45
When you first log into your PLC software you should see a GENERAL tab. Under that tab it displays what version of FW your controller is running. Here is a screen shot of it from Progressive Reef's website
http://www.progressivereef.com/screenshots_of_the_profilux_controller.php

It's the very first screen shot on that page.

layer3switchguy
24.05.2010, 14:49
Thanks BigAl. Controller is running FW version 5.00.

Blahenazo
25.05.2010, 19:13
maybe its a good time to upgrade to the lastest FW (nothing is yet configured)

some general info:
for the PAB powerbars/exbox you can't see the FW level just yet (not even on the P3)
But you can always update too the latest FW ( via PLC ) it can't hurt to override the same FW.

Also you can't 'see' the pab devices in the PLC software (system screen)
For the exbox => if your have more sensors (like PH 2 , etc... ) => its there.
For the powerbas => Configure them via the P3 menu , ang give them the start numbers => Then I would suggest to use manual override and to see if the powerbars switch if you tell them too.