PDA

View Full Version : GHL and BuckPucks.

Chew
19.05.2010, 22:56
My next lighting related venture will be a custom LED light for my seahorse/seagrass tank. The plan is for it to be fully controllable by the GHL light bar I have on the tank.

I've been looking around at various LED drivers and their pro's and con's and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of controlling BuckPucks from the GHL 1-10v interface?

From what I can tell they officially accept a PWM signal for controll but there are a few mentions of people running them on the GHL by either using a voltage splitter to get 0-5v or setting the limits on the GHL interface to limit it to 5v. Obviously the controll is inverse on the BuckPucks (0v=100%, 5v=0%) but this should hopefully be resolved by Matthias adding a few changes in an upcoming version of the FW.

Matthias
20.05.2010, 07:42
yes, will be resolved with 5.02, there the voltages for min and max can be adjusted like you want to

Chew
20.05.2010, 21:25
Thanks Matthias. Can you confirm this version will be available for the PII as well. I intend to run this light on my seahorse tank and control it with the existing PII Light Bar.

Anyone controlled a BuckPuck with a GHL before?

Matthias
21.05.2010, 08:18
this is planned, not yet ready