PDA

View Full Version : Cooperation GHL and EcoTech Marine (VorTech)!

Matthias
18.05.2010, 16:20
Now the decision has been made: GHL is going to build an Ecotech Marine Controller which enables you to connect VorTech pumps to a ProfiLux!

The last details regarding a cooperation had been discussed at Interzoo between Tim Marks and Justin Lawyer (Ecotech Marine) and Matthias Gross (GHL). Approx. from July 2010 on GHL will offer this controller which enables ProfiLux to control the EcoSmart Driver of the VorTech propeller pumps!

Please read more about the Ecotech Marine products:

http://ecotechmarine.com/ (http://ecotechmarine.com/)

BigAl07
18.05.2010, 17:02
Excellent news!! That helps make my decision for which pumps I buy in the future!!

Thanks to you BOTH!!

xiaan
18.05.2010, 19:52
Cool I can't wait.
Right now I do not have night mode set up on my vortecs as it gets reset every time I do a feed pause (I turn off my vortecs using a socket).
The to main features I would like to do is to enable the feed pause and a better night mode (not losing settings on power cycle) and ramp up the speed on a thunder storm.

TheManicFishkeeper
19.05.2010, 00:28
Now the decision has been made: GHL is going to build an Ecotech Marine Controller which enables you to connect VorTech pumps to a ProfiLux!

The last details regarding a cooperation had been discussed at Interzoo between Tim Marks and Justin Lawyer (Ecotech Marine) and Matthias Gross (GHL). Approx. from July 2010 on GHL will offer this controller which enables ProfiLux to control the EcoSmart Driver of the VorTech propeller pumps!

Please read more about the Ecotech Marine products:

http://ecotechmarine.com/ (http://ecotechmarine.com/)

I have been bombarded with questions this afternoon about this, so I'll fire off a couple:

1.) Can the Vortech battery backup still be used when communicating through this module

2.) Will there be the same "pre-set" wave modes currently supported by the Vortech controller(s) or will all wave making options be configured through the existing "pump" configuration of the Profilux?

jdrabek
19.05.2010, 02:03
Is it only going to work with the ecosmart drives?

Matthias
19.05.2010, 07:47
Can the Vortech battery backup still be used when communicating through this module yes

Will there be the same "pre-set" wave modes currently supported by the Vortech controller(s) or will all wave making options be configured through the existing "pump" configuration of the Profilux? the ProfiLux wave control will do the job, the VorTech pumps will just be "slaves", if EcoTech offers more useful wavemaker options than ProfiLux we will modify our firmware

Is it only going to work with the ecosmart drives? answer from Tim Marks:
Any wirelessly equipped EcoTech pump will be able to interface with the GHL controller. However, only EcoSMART equipped pumps will be able to enter EcoSMART modes and settings.

larryfl1
20.05.2010, 07:57
I have the new ecosmart drivers for the pumps and the new mode is awesome...

I think it would be great if the similar type function could be added to the profilux for control..

it is not 1 wave type then simply reduced for night time... it goes through multiple phases over many hours simulating different dynamics...not simply the same dynamic randomized...

if this functionality could be programed into the profilux it would be great

nsr500rossi
20.05.2010, 23:12
Will we need a unit to control for each vortech?

TheManicFishkeeper
21.05.2010, 03:41
Will we need a unit to control for each vortech?

Based on Mattias earlier statement about the Vortech pumps operating as slaves I doubt this would be the case.

Vortech architecture allows for a number of "slave" pumps to operate off of a single "master". From my understanding the Vortech pumps will simply operate as "slaves" off the Profilux module, which would behave as a "Master" pump.

The Vortech pumps can be configured to operate as Clones of the Master pump or as "opposite" for wave patterns.

In theory I believe the GHL module would simply behave in roughly the same manner. But, I can't say for certain, Mattias will need to confirm.

Matthias
21.05.2010, 08:20
Based on Mattias earlier statement about the Vortech pumps operating as slaves I doubt this would be the case.

Vortech architecture allows for a number of "slave" pumps to operate off of a single "master". From my understanding the Vortech pumps will simply operate as "slaves" off the Profilux module, which would behave as a "Master" pump.

The Vortech pumps can be configured to operate as Clones of the Master pump or as "opposite" for wave patterns.

In theory I believe the GHL module would simply behave in roughly the same manner. But, I can't say for certain, Mattias will need to confirm.

absolutely correct - only one controller necessary for several pumps / drivers

Coralleida
21.05.2010, 20:47
Great job Matthias ;-)

deepblue
23.05.2010, 23:50
Finally that two great companies started to work together very excited to see new controller.

StarF
24.05.2010, 11:53
would us with the old driver, gain anything getting the new driver?

richard.mayo
24.06.2010, 08:04
July is getting pretty close and im getting very excited :)

Any chance of a update on the project and perhaps some additional information

please please please :D:D:D

Matthias
24.06.2010, 17:58
not available yet

only one thing is sure: it will be connected over PAB

beemy46
15.07.2010, 14:00
Mathias
I have a new 3000l system close to completion and I was looking for a date for ordering this new controller. Also how many vortechs will the unit control? Maximum

Matthias
15.07.2010, 19:48
Hi

we can control 11 pumps with it, I think we have the production up and running in about 4 weeks

beemy46
15.07.2010, 20:02
Mathias
thanks for the update you have me covered only 9 Vortech's :)

deepblue
16.07.2010, 11:57
does ghl controller working with old wireless driver or only with new ES driver or both.

Matthias
17.07.2010, 09:01
Actually our VorTech-Controller will be able to control EcoTechs new products as well as their older products. As long as the product is a wireless one, you will be able to control it.

The customer MUST upgrade the firmware in their older product, which will be done through our interface in order to get it to work, but that’s it. Also, the two new modes in the newer EcoSmart products (Nutrient Transport Mode and Tidal Swell Mode) will NOT be able to be used in the older products.

larryfl1
17.07.2010, 12:02
will we be able to turn on the ecosmart modes from the profilux

i would like to be able to use those but at other times use normal profilux wave functionality

Matthias
17.07.2010, 16:02
will we be able to turn on the ecosmart modes from the profilux

yes, this is planned

larryfl1
17.07.2010, 19:28
Matthias

Can you explain the functionality capabilities planned for the interface??

Matthias
26.07.2010, 13:45
read more about the VorTech-Controller here:
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System__E_/Products/Pump_control/VorTech-Controller/vortech-controller.html

Chew
26.07.2010, 15:32
Matthias, you need to translate the heading for the second set of bullet points. Its still in German.

Matthias
26.07.2010, 17:15
thanks! is translated now

Gobie74
29.07.2010, 12:32
Will it come with a PAB cable or should we be ordering one of those too?