PDA

View Full Version : Another LAN Connection Problem...?

wydchr
07.05.2010, 12:45
Hi, I am trying to connect to my PIII from PLC on my computer via LAN but not having any success, I have setup the static IP address and port forwarding but to no avail although my Netgear modem/router can see the Profilux on the designated IP address. I can connect to the PIII via USB and when I look at the 'System' menu I do not see the LAN card in the window and only the SERIAL card shows. I am using version 5.0.0.12 of PLC and have firmware version 5.00p on the ProfiLux. Any help would be very much appreciated.

update: I have managed to connect to the PIII via the webserver and it shows the system information but I still cannot connect PLC to PIII via TCP/IP, I have connected before via TCP/IP but that was before I updated both PLC and firmware after my PIIEX was upgraded to PIII although the connection was constantly updating and very impractical to use.

David.

Matthias
08.05.2010, 14:33
are you talking about onboard-LAN of P3 or a PLM-LAN card?

if onboard: there will not be a LAN-card entry in the system overview

wydchr
08.05.2010, 15:20
Matthias, yes it's the on-board LAN so I guess that's why it doesn't show up on the system page but I still cannot connect to it from my PC though. I have had the Profilux sitting right next to my computer coupled through a Gigabit switch, my Netgear router shows the PIII as one of it's attached devices so the LAN card must be working and also I can login to the webserver but just cannot connect via the PLC. How should I be setting the TCP/IP connection configuration in PLC, I have it set with the original 'Auto' connection settings ATM

David.

Blahenazo
08.05.2010, 16:23
Since you know your ip of your P3.
add this ip in the edit connection.
don't forget to set tcp/ip in your connection type the port is 10001.

leave the rest @ default.

ps: Don't forget to save your settings otherwise it doesn't work.

wydchr
08.05.2010, 17:44
Thanks Blahenazo but still not working, when I click on 'Configuration' in the connection edit window I am informed that it cannot find a LAN card. Would the type of Ethernet cable make a difference i.e. whether it is a patch cable or not?

David

Matthias
10.05.2010, 07:38
go to "system", click on button "LAN...", then you can adjust your LAN-seetings

reboot ProfiLux after changes

wydchr
11.05.2010, 15:26
Matthias I had already done that. I changed the ethernet cable today and managed to connect for a brief time then lost the connection again and have not been able to connect since... this is strange :(

GHL Support
12.05.2010, 07:47
Ok, if you are able to access the ProfiLux web page in your browser, there must be a problem with your connection settings at ProfiLux Control.

Check the connection settings of PLC:
Host-Name: your ProfiLux3 IP address
Port: 10001
Search automatically: unchecked
Device address: 1
Search for SMS module: unchecked
RS485 delay: unchecked
Type of connection: TCP/IP
Timeout: 5000ms

wydchr
12.05.2010, 15:41
OK it seems I can connect to my ProfiLux3 via PLC but the connection does not stay for long and is very slow. I am connecting via a 200Mb/s Comtrend PowerGrid902 Powerline Ethernet Adapters which are fast enough for streaming movies to my TV and using laptops around the house so I don't know why the ProfiLux does not work well with them???

David.

GHL Support
16.05.2010, 09:21
Hmm, I have a connection via powerline adapter (85MBit) at home to hear web radio in my garage. My experience is: sometimes the connection gets yery poor - even for MP3 and buffering. lot of drop outs.

Is there a way to connect direct via LAN cable?
Can you tell us, what the PLC communication monitor (found at the menu bar) reports?