PDA

View Full Version : New P3-EX only half working.

TheOldOne
03.05.2010, 01:35
Steve at GHL UK is trying to sort this mess out - but with the Holidays thought I would ask here, and try to have it all working.

FW5.01 / Software 5, Sr No 1003052010
When connecting any 1-10v control to either Tunze 6000,6001 or any 2 ea of 6105 I lose redox readings/Temp readings etc etc. as if the voltage/current is being dragged down. Pumps do not turn - Note all OK using Tunze 7905 controller.

I have now added a PAB plug bar that when connected to the PAB output causes the same problems as above. and of course does not work.

The other standard Digi plug bars work OK. Lan works OK, USB/RS232 works OK.

Any Ideas of whether Software or Hardware problems which as an Old Electronics Technician I suspect, all though due to the warranty I do not intend to open and measure the power supplies.

Any help appreciated.

Luck
Dan

TheOldOne
03.05.2010, 01:42
Sorry, me again.

Forgot to mention Feed pause and maintenance do not work, i.e. do not actually turn off the plugs programmed, allthough on occasion I have seen the FP timer counting down for no apparent reason, but it sure does not turn anything off.

PS I am fairly computer literate, I absolutely must be as I owned an Aquatronica for nearly 2 years whilst it was always unreliable and gradually disintegrated.

Thanks
Dam

Matthias
03.05.2010, 07:24
Hi Dan,

I got an email from Steve that you have problems with redox when connecting a Tunze pump, I assumed that the motors disturb the measurment electronics in the ProfiLux.
What you tell us here seems to be a little more complicated.

Please let us first start with your hardware problem, thereafter we can take care of your settings issues.

In the easiest case the ProfiLux-Tunze-cable is damaged (maybe there is a splitter between ProfiLux and Tunze cable?). Do you have several Tunze cables? All same behaviour? Any chance to check if it is the cable?

TheOldOne
03.05.2010, 09:25
Hi Matthias,

Thank you for the very prompt reply,

I have tried each Tunze pump cable 1&2 individually, and without the splitter,

With reference to the PAB I do have other network cables but have not tried them in case the profilux are different.

Thanks
Dan

Matthias
04.05.2010, 07:18
we continue support via email since this seems to become a little difficult

TheOldOne
05.05.2010, 09:25
Hi all,
Just to finish the thread off and a bit of info for all,

Thanks to Matthias here and Steve at Reefdreams I am now a happy bunny.

Looks like my fault, I was using a 3 month old pinpoint ORP probe which had a leaking damaged cable connection seal on the probe,

Note:- it was still working perfectly OK-calibrated etc. and controlling my ozoniser, as was the Temp probe, which was also affected. Eventually I disconnected it and the rest is history.

The PAB plug bar problem was not a problem just that the communication LED is flashing when connected, but the 2 6d Digibars Next to the PAB bar are constantly on.

Everything now including PAB/Tunze seems to be working OK , so I just need to get to grips with the software. i.e. FP which doesnt work, but that is also probably finger problems.

By the way a well made piece of kit and great support.

Thanks
Dan