PDA

View Full Version : Powerbar6D - Powerbar6D PAB What's The Difference?

wydchr
01.05.2010, 15:30
As the title says, what's the difference between these two powerbars i.e. what does the PAB bit do?

David.

Blahenazo
01.05.2010, 16:54
The PAB bar uses the PAB bus to connect to the P3/ex ( it's not available on the P2 ex etc... because those controller do not support PAB) and due to the usage of the PAB bus, you can use longer wires to connect to the P3. The old powerbars/dosingpumps that use the S sockets are limited to around 10 meter.

Futhermore the PAB bar will be able to monitor the electric current of the sockets. (currently its not in the fw).

wydchr
02.05.2010, 06:32
So the new PAB powerbar's primary function will be the provision of load current monitoring on individual sockets of the powerbar but also it can have longer connecting cables between the bar and the profilux.
OK thanks again for the explanation Blahenazo

David

almost
15.12.2010, 09:33
Need to buy one more powerbar to connect it to the Pro III ex (the first powerbar is 6D).

Should I choose PAB powerbar or 6D?

I know how to chain the 6 D & in the system I have allready connect 2 expansion boxs (PAB devices).

The PAB powerbar, works like the expansion boxs? Need to be assign after a fw update? In expansion box, I loose all the calibration settings of my probes after each & every update of the Pro III, should I expect to loose anything in PAB powerbar after upgrading fw?

The current can be shown only for PAB powerbars?

The PL-number for PAB powerbar is?

GHL Support
15.12.2010, 11:10
The Powerbar6D PAB works like a PAB device (the ExpansionBox is also a PAB device).
The calibration settings are not stored in the EXB - they are stored in the ProfiLux. Therefore the calibrations are lost, if you do a firmware update and reassign the EXB.

After a firmware update you should reassign the Powerbar PAB.
The Powerbars settings will not disapear, if you do a firmware update.
Yes, current is only available for PAB powerbars.

almost
15.12.2010, 15:16
So, I only have to reassign after fw update?
Settings (which socket is doing what) will be o.k.?

PL number?

GHL Support
16.12.2010, 15:44
Yes, this will work in this way.