PDA

View Full Version : Setup from Web Interface

TranSonicX
16.04.2010, 20:46
Hey Guys

Just got my III last week and loving it.
The one thing I have not been able to do however is set the unit up over the web interface. I am able to read values etc on the Web interface, I can get to it from outside through my router, I have a password setup.

When I surf to the web interface, it does not have a login and just displays output of sensors etc.

What am I doing wrong.

Thanks,

Ross

fletch
17.04.2010, 10:24
Hey Guys

Just got my III last week and loving it.
The one thing I have not been able to do however is set the unit up over the web interface. I am able to read values etc on the Web interface, I can get to it from outside through my router, I have a password setup.

When I surf to the web interface, it does not have a login and just displays output of sensors etc.

What am I doing wrong.

Thanks,

Ross

I think you have an early firmware and a late software controller.

Can you post both versions? To login to the website with a username and password you need firmware 5.00p+

Thanks

g

TranSonicX
17.04.2010, 13:49
Hi

I see ProfiLux control version 5.0.0.11 from 03/15/2010 this is from the About when running the ProfiLuxControl.

Then under System, my PIII sows 5.0

Is that what you were asking about?

Thanks a mill,

Ross

fletch
19.04.2010, 20:50
Hi

I see ProfiLux control version 5.0.0.11 from 03/15/2010 this is from the About when running the ProfiLuxControl.

Then under System, my PIII sows 5.0

Is that what you were asking about?

Thanks a mill,

Ross

There should be a letter after the 5.00?

TranSonicX
20.04.2010, 10:25
There should be a letter after the 5.00?

It is a M so I think I will need to update the software.
Been reading up on it and not sure I am brave enough.
Is the upgrade to P got a lot of improvements or is it just for the Web Login?

Thanks,

Ross

fletch
20.04.2010, 10:53
It is a M so I think I will need to update the software.
Been reading up on it and not sure I am brave enough.
Is the upgrade to P got a lot of improvements or is it just for the Web log?

Thanks,

Ross

Hi Ross,

There are a number of changes and enhancements, I'm not sure you have to be brave, its quite easy, just make sure you read the on screen dialog and confirm the update on the Profilux before clicking ok on the Control dialog box.

You can also backup your settings beforehand if you want.

Thanks

Gary

TranSonicX
20.04.2010, 18:24
Well that did not go well. Communication between the computer and the ProfiLux failed during the update so now I have a dead ProfiLux which in turn will probably lead to a dead fish tank before I can get the ProfiLux sorted out.

I have to be honest, for such a so called advanced piece of equipment, I can not believe it still uses RS232. I have not had a serial anything since the late 90s.

fletch
20.04.2010, 18:28
Well that did not go well. Communication between the computer and the ProfiLux failed during the update so now I have a dead ProfiLux which in turn will probably lead to a dead fish tank before I can get the ProfiLux sorted out.

I have to be honest, for such a so called advanced piece of equipment, I can not believe it still uses RS232. I have not had a serial anything since the late 90s.

Download the flasher tool and then reapply the update.

Blahenazo
20.04.2010, 18:34

RS232 is the most stable connection for the FW upgrade :)
here is de procedure for the flasher tool

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1274

ps: a computer that is dead after a failed flash ( => that's so 90's ) this one you can just reflash yourself :)

TranSonicX
20.04.2010, 18:55
Download the flasher tool and then reapply the update.

Yeah tried that, but do not have RS-232. Went out to get a USB to RS-232 no problem, but nobody has a serial cable. Not much I can do now anyway, the problem happened at 5pm, it is now 8 and I can not find anybody (mates or neighbors) that have a serial cable.

TranSonicX
20.04.2010, 18:56
RS232 is the most stable connection for the FW upgrade :)
here is de procedure for the flasher tool

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1274

ps: a computer that is dead after a failed flash ( => that's so 90's ) this one you can just reflash yourself :)

Lets hope that by the time I get to do this I still have a tank that is alive :(

fletch
20.04.2010, 19:23
Lets hope that by the time I get to do this I still have a tank that is alive: (

I dunno, why they wouldnt be?? Where are you based? How did you do the update in the first place?

Thanks

TranSonicX
20.04.2010, 19:30
I dunno, why they wouldnt be?? Where are you based? How did you do the update in the first place?

Thanks

I am in JHB South Africa.
Did the update over USB.

Only managed to get my return and skimmer running. To get heaters etc running would mean tearing electrics apart. (It would be the coldest night we have had this year tonight also)

fletch
20.04.2010, 19:35
I am in JHB South Africa.
Did the update over USB.

Only managed to get my return and skimmer running. To get running heaters etc would mean tearing apart electrics. (It would be the coldest night we have had this year so tonight)

Did you unplug your powerbar whilst doing the update? This probably caused the issue?

You can get an USB to RS232 converter, hope you get it sorted and if I can be of any help, PM me and I'll give you my MSN address.

TranSonicX
20.04.2010, 19:41
Did you unplug your powerbar whilst doing the update? This probably caused the issue?

You can get an USB to RS232 converter, hope you get it sorted and if I can be of any help, PM me and I'll give you my MSN address.

Yip only had my sensors plugged in. I read that the plugbar can cause spikes that affect the USB.

yeah the place I went had the converter but no null modem cables so was useless. Thanks a mill for you help, will hopefully be able to sort something tomorrow.

Oh yeah, wanted to try the jumper route but when I opened the case, no jumper block on the jumper. I assume there does not need to be one unless I want to use it for the reset.

fletch
20.04.2010, 19:46
Yip only had my sensors plugged in. I read that the plugbar can cause spikes that affect the USB.

yeah the place I went had the converter but no null modem cables something useless. Thanks a mill for you help, will hopefully be able to sort something tomorrow.

Oh yeah, wanted to try the jumper route but when I opened the case, no jumper on the jumper block. I assume there does not need to be one unless I want to use it for the reset.

No jumper required on the PIII. Give me a shout tomorrow and we'll sort your other issue.

Thanks

g

TranSonicX
21.04.2010, 09:23
Thanks so much Fletch, my wife got me a cable this morning and the machine is up and running. Happy fish again.

Not sure if the Web Interface is working as the CAT-5 cable now seems damaged but I don't really care at the moment, as long as my tank is happy.

Once again, thanks a mill, I would owe you a lot of beers for your patients.

Ross

fletch
21.04.2010, 09:29
Thanks so much Fletch, my wife got me a cable this morning and the machine is up and running. Happy fish again.

Not sure if the Web Interface is working as the CAT-5 cable now seems damaged but I don't really care at the moment, as long as my tank is happy.

Once again, thanks a mill, I would owe you a lot of beers for your patients.

Ross

Good to hear! Give me a shout when your ready to setup your web server.

TranSonicX
21.04.2010, 09:33
Good to hear! Give me a shout when your ready to setup your web server.

I had my web server running from outside my network no problem.
Just was not able to do setting but that was software.

Now I got to do Network trouble shooting with this friggin cable.... got a doddery router at the moment, so it could also be that.