PDA

View Full Version : Help get my Dimmable T5s going!

familiar1985
16.04.2010, 02:58
I have a geisemann spectra that was modified with dimmable ballast for the T5S. I can not get the T5S working so far. Maybe you can help figure out what the problem is:)

Fixture has 4 T5s and 2 MH bulbs. The t5s should be able to be dimmed in pairs as there are 2 dimmable ballast.

Here is a pic of the cables that come from the fixture:
http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp309/familiar1985/IMAG0061.jpg

This is a pick of the ballast i plug them into and the 2 plugs that go to power outlets.

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp309/familiar1985/IMAG0062.jpg

I made sure all the t5's are clicked in. I set up everything in the profilux software. L1 and L2 set to Illumination 2 with illumination set at 100% at time of testing.

Then i plugged the ballast with t5 label into a normal outlet. The metal halide bulb lit and a couple seconds later i here a click and it turns off. I think the profilux unit turned it off. I left it alone and watched for 15 minutes. I noticed a couple times the metal halide bulb make a tiny bit of light for a second. Could it be its trying to control the metal halide and not the t5s? BTW the other ballast was unplugged during all of this.

When i unplug and plug the ethernet into profilux i hear a click but nothing lights.

Anyone have an idea to what is going on?

Matthias
16.04.2010, 08:07
I have no idea how this lamp is wired

ProfiLux just outputs 1-10V signals, they must be connected to the matching inputs of the lamp

please ask the lamp manufacturer for technical details

TheManicFishkeeper
16.04.2010, 22:30
The Geismann Spectra Fixture has the T5 ballasts mounted inside the fixture, there should be 2 of them. I am not entirely certain how these ballasts recieve power as I havent seen one first hand, but it is possible that the power is piggybacked through the 5 wire lead on each of the Blue Metal Halide ballasts.

If this is a modified fixture its hard to say what the problem is without taking it apart and checking the wiring